Saturday Ground Update

PT Car Washer

I think the Saturday routes will be more like a Fedex route. Larger areas to cover by one driver. unless your route has shopping plazas which operate every day.
I think the Saturday routes will be like our junk routes. 200+ residential stops in different areas. Mix them up everyday and assign a different route designater so they can not be called bid routes.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
what was your furdo slack, what were your AM/PM parameters, what were your pickup commits, how much air did you have

or are you just another whiny driver
because it's makes the management think and do work

this is actually really funny because ORION goes absolutely gangbusters in peak, if you set the dispatches up correctly and you continue to follow all the usual "you can't be lazy" rules
it's easy to :censored2: up, which is why nobody bothers, but i've seen it be an absolute monster too under a good PDS

the other caveat is you have so many new drivers that it's a complete no-go for them; so basically you'd have to put in a bunch of work that you can get away with not doing, it'd only be for bid routes with senior drivers, and if volume gets rolled or just doesn't show, it gets really :censored2:ed up

personally i drove in RDO my whole peak, so take that as you will
i was thinking SPORH and O/A; what you say about trace is correct

Without a shadow of a doubt, you have no idea IN REAL LIFE how to do this job !!!!
Honestly, I don't know how you could even have done 30 days !!
I can't even imagine how much hand sanitizer you used when your hands got dirty !!!
Keep thinking you're saving the company by staring at connected dots on a map !!! FYI - YOU'RE NOT !!!

giphy.gif

tourists24

Without a shadow of a doubt, you have no idea IN REAL LIFE how to do this job !!!!
Honestly, I don't know how you could even have done 30 days !!
I can't even imagine how much hand sanitizer you used when your hands got dirty !!!
Keep thinking you're saving the company by staring at connected dots on a map !!! FYI - YOU'RE NOT !!!

giphy.gif
In his world, if we all just followed IE perfection, everything would be just fine and dandy

ManInBrown

90% of drivers still out after 7:30PM? The Hub would have a fit trying to make service on the hot loads. Loads that have to pull at a certain time to connect with other Hubs midnight sort and then the preloads. Not to mention the air trailer that pulls before 8:00. I guess I do live in Gods country.
We have to have pickup pieces back by 8:30. If you're going to be out later, they send a drivers who's done to get your pieces on their way in.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
it's easy to :censored2: up, which is why nobody bothers, but i've seen it be an absolute monster too under a good PDS

the other caveat is you have so many new drivers that it's a complete no-go for them; so basically you'd have to put in a bunch of work that you can get away with not doing, it'd only be for bid routes with senior drivers, and if volume gets rolled or just doesn't show, it gets really :censored2:ed up

personally i drove in RDO my whole peak, so take that as you will

As an IE guy, why did you drive during peak?

Conan04

We went live with Saturday ground last weekend. Already have had 8 preloaders quit this week when forced into a T-S schedule. Was hard to staff the operation before the change and have no idea how they will find enough staff now.

The building with the most routes in L344?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS agreed to pay us more so they can get contract language in their favor.
They weren't going to get telematics or 3-4 year progressions without it.
I'm not going to apologize to you or the public on what my hourly rate is, UPS agreed to it.

UPS and the Union will agree on a two tiered wage in our next contract with a longer progression and a top out close to my $25-30/hr range.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

UPS and the Union will agree on a two tiered wage in our next contract with a longer progression and a top out close to my $25-30/hr range.

Ok, let's say they do, which is very unlikely, even though I do think they will try to move the full-time progression to 5 instead of 4, nobody is voting that in, and you said that implementing a few supplementals without the members consent is one thing, so are you now saying that they would force this through?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Ok, let's say they do, which is very unlikely, even though I do think they will try to move the full-time progression to 5 instead of 4, nobody is voting that in, and you said that implementing a few supplementals without the members consent is one thing, so are you now saying that they would force this through?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody