Saturday Ground Update

Dr.Brownz

for every million times they see a hard-working driver it's instantly wiped away by one YouTube video of someone throwing a package

have you looked at reviews on social media sites of our service lately it's not good

Our service is bad because of IE clowns like you who believe because a driver got in 20 minutes early they can take 20 more stops the next day and come in at the same time. You would rather cut a route and have service failures to make the numbers "look good" rather than actually taking care of customers. Sorry no one wants a delivery at 8pm at night.

Dr.Brownz

UPS just scored that Pentagon contract because Trump respects us, unlike those Fedex and Amazon contractor clowns. UPS wouldn't have got that contract without the teamsters reputation! UPS should be kissing our feet and the ground upon which we walk.

a911scanner

Once ORION figures out that we are NOT supposed to back up at a residential delivery & that we will not be doing a 16:00pu at 13:15 when we are close by, it just might actually work.

That and not have us bounce from one border of the route to the other 6 times per day. When this happens, ORION will be king. Until that time, I will save total miles and service the paying customer properly.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I don't know for certain but that sounds like something corporate IE would do

saturday criteria is that the work is available consistently at 0600 on saturday, is mostly resi, and then we make as many routes as we can with 8.4 plan days

monday criteria is to have enough routes to fit the pickup cube volume, staying above an 8.1 plan day, and then balancing stops as best we can from there

monday is the rough part as cube size can't be measured consistently, it requires close involvement of the centers and drivers in the planning process; you can imagine how that probably goes in most places
8.1 planned day? 8.1 hours? Like 8.1 hours til I'm able to walk from one end up of truck to the other or 8.1 hours total for the day?

RuthlessSupSlayer

Have you all heard how they are going to handle the new "demand" of Saturday deliveries?

Are they going to hire all new staff or will they break up the work schedules?

It seems like they are adding staff in my local hub.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We go on Saturday Ground this week and are already suffering. They changed the schedule for Preloaders and Drivers that will work Tuesday through Saturday, but they forgot to have enough Preloaders for this morning. Four Preloaders on my belt trying to load twenty-five Package Cars? It was a disaster.

I like going over 9/5 on Monday, sets the rest of the week up in my favor from a grievance standpoint.

PT Car Washer

At my building they posted a new intent sheet for causal service provider. I know a lot of other buildings use PT temp or causal drivers but this new for us. I was told it was to staff for Saturday ground. So far there is one name on the sign up list. We go live sometime this Summer.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Anyone know if theres any truth to this. Heard from a coworker they are trying to eliminate all 6th punches. In the buildings with Saturday ground already. Do you have people still working 6 days a week? Not anything I am interested in but I know alot of people who only survive because of that 6th punch.

Anyone know if theres any truth to this. Heard from a coworker they are trying to eliminate all 6th punches. In the buildings with Saturday ground already. Do you have people still working 6 days a week? Not anything I am interested in but I know alot of people who only survive because of that 6th punch.
They sad no 6th punch here unless you are full time and sign he Saturday interest list.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I went in for Saturday work and even though they were severely short handed my on road said I couldn't work...he said he'd get in trouble for paying me overtime...guess missed packages are better