Saturday Ground Update

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes------Orion does "learn" based upon how you run your area.
This system is too advanced for the local mgt who mess with it everyday....my Onroad and I could look at a map and bust out a trace that = Orion or is better in a couple of hours....fact. Wall Street loves "technology" and that's why this system went into place... Imo some of the gains were made because some of the routes were jumping over other routes which made an immediate loss of miles... Something the center team could have done themselves if they got off their ass...another dog and pony show.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most of us have been trying to correct things for 5-10 years.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I'm mostly sane so why continue and expect different results?
Stop trying to think logically... You are screwing the whole system up...could have a total system failure meltdown!!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This system is too advanced for the local mgt who mess with it everyday....my Onroad and I could look at a map and bust out a trace that = Orion or is better in a couple of hours....fact. Wall Street loves "technology" and that's why this system went into place... Imo some of the gains were made because some of the routes were jumping over other routes which made an immediate loss of miles... Something the center team could have done themselves if they got off their ass...another dog and pony show.
ORION doesn't work the way you think it does

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Then please explain it. UPS doesn't explain it to drivers. Drivers are simply told to comply and then somehow use it as a tool to our advantage
ORION is like google maps, all it does it optimize your miles based on the parameters the PDS sets

if you tell it there's a road across a lake, it's gonna trust you, if you say the road isn't there, okay to that too

you want the driver to make certain pickups at certain times? okay set the times correctly; how important is it that a driver get X area off earlier or later? set the parameters; traffic is heavy after 5pm on the main drag? you can make it adjust for that as well, etc etc etc.

ORION is complex because of the nearly infinite variables that we can set whenever however, but at it's core it's a dead-simple miles optimizer; so honestly when drivers say ORION is trash or they know better it just shows how brain dead that driver is to how things really work

to;dr is if your ORION is trash, it's because your PDS is trash

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you really want answers as to how ORION operates, you won't find any answers from low-level IE weenies. The above response confirms that.
yah you should ask the driver instead he's the real technical expert

503.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
This past Saturday was our buildings first Saturday and oh my god did it fail hahahahahhahahahahaha...I am still Monday through Friday for now...but they were sending guys out with 250 stops covering 6-8 routes worth of resi...and every driver brought stops back at 1030pm....and today we didn't leave the building til 950 with an 830 start time because they sent a bunch of loaders home because today was going to be "light" due to all the volume that got delivered Saturday...what an absolute embarrassment.

542thruNthru

please enlighten me with another example of how inflexible and unfix-able it is

HIZd8Y4.jpg

You keep saying Orion is great but not if you have a crap PDS. Well a tool is only as good as the person using it. So Orion is crap. Everything you say it can do its not doing because... wait for it..... the person implementing it is crap. So again ORION is crap!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You keep saying Orion is great but not if you have a crap PDS. Well a tool is only as good as the person using it. So Orion is crap. Everything you say it can do its not doing because... wait for it..... the person implementing it is crap. So again ORION is crap!
LMAO

that's not what that saying means dude; here let me explain for you:
if you have a well built shovel, and the guy wielding it tries to dig with the handle, that doesn't mean the shovel is a bad tool, it means the operator is a :censored2:ing :censored2:

in the UPS world, the shovel is ORION, the guy is either the driver or the PDS

simple isn't it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LMAO

if you have a well built shovel, and the guy wielding it tries to dig with the handle, that doesn't mean the shovel is a bad tool, it means the operator is a :censored2:ing :censored2:

simple isn't it?
Except an Orion shovel is made out of paper that wouldn't penetrate a wet cow Turd

oldngray

nowhere special
LMAO

simple isn't it?

So you are saying ORION works in a perfect world.

The real world isn't perfect.

simple isn't it?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
LMAO

simple isn't it?
It must really suck to have to go work everyday knowing what you're working on is a failure, and there's nothing you can do to fix it. I'd probably try to find excuses too if I were you.

Johney

ORION is like google maps, all it does it optimize your miles based on the parameters the PDS sets

if you tell it there's a road across a lake, it's gonna trust you, if you say the road isn't there, okay to that too

you want the driver to make certain pickups at certain times? okay set the times correctly; how important is it that a driver get X area off earlier or later? set the parameters; traffic is heavy after 5pm on the main drag? you can make it adjust for that as well, etc etc etc.

ORION is complex because of the nearly infinite variables that we can set whenever however, but at it's core it's a dead-simple miles optimizer; so honestly when drivers say ORION is trash or they know better it just shows how brain dead that driver is to how things really work

to;dr is if your ORION is trash, it's because your PDS is trash

LMAO

simple isn't it?
So what you're saying is if the dispatcher is not going to fix it then no one is? If that's the case then what? Failure?