Saturday Ground

BigBrownboxx

Hey all, i work in a small 1 belt center with about 30 RPCD drivers and 4 22.4. We are supposed to start saturday ground this fall and they will be taking RPCD volume for monday, doing it on saturday and laying off 15-20 RPCD on monday? Can they do that? Is this grievable. Yes i’ve asked my steward we aren’t sure because this is all so new to us. Central states is our supplement. Thanks guys

Hey all, i work in a small 1 belt center with about 30 RPCD drivers and 4 22.4. We are supposed to start saturday ground this fall and they will be taking RPCD volume for monday, doing it on saturday and laying off 15-20 RPCD on monday? Can they do that? Is this grievable. Yes i’ve asked my steward we aren’t sure because this is all so new to us. Central states is our supplement. Thanks guys
Well they can't run 15 to 20 routes on Saturday

Dumbo

If you show up for work on Monday because you are scheduled, you can demand your 8. Been an ongoing issue on my center for about a year now. Problem is a lot of drivers come in and see they can just go home, just go home.

542thruNthru

Have you called your local and spoke with your BA?

2Down2Many2Go

Well...have you read your contract ?

Hey all, i work in a small 1 belt center with about 30 RPCD drivers and 4 22.4. We are supposed to start saturday ground this fall and they will be taking RPCD volume for monday, doing it on saturday and laying off 15-20 RPCD on monday? Can they do that? Is this grievable. Yes i’ve asked my steward we aren’t sure because this is all so new to us. Central states is our supplement. Thanks guy
We have between 20 and 40 drivers laid off on Monday’s. Bad deal for the younger drivers. They will not see M-friend for a long time.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We have between 20 and 40 drivers laid off on Monday’s. Bad deal for the younger drivers. They will not see M-friend for a long time.
It’s so dumb.
They push the volume to sat to justify having a sat operation. They save some of the money they LOSE from the ridiculous Saturday spc by slashing everything on Monday.
There are Mondays where they don’t run everything so they can lay off so many drivers. The old richer guys love it cause they get 3 day weekends. Seniority is more valuable than ever, I’ll be just above the Saturday fringe for a while, they still try to force me 1 a month or so.
My route is cut 50% of the time on Mondays, and they tried to tell me I had to show up a 1/2 hour early to bump a cover??? Blow me. I’m on time, I will not take a layoff, and I’m running the gravy junk route with no pickups.
I understand the “need to have Saturday’s,” they just don’t have the consistent volume to do it competently. And everybody knows, Tues-Thurs it’s free for all and friend me Fridays are still in full effect, they dump the system on Fridays