Saturday Ground

Mst3k

They did that in my center for a short time. It did not last since we have language guaranteeing a five day work week. NorCal

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Remember the "if work is available" line? Also 22.4s don't work Monday. If they are then absolutely RPCDs should all be working.
Yes but they can bump 22.4 for their hours right? So can work Saturday. And those 22.4 have a 40 guarantee.

I know it’s not how everyone wants to do it but it can be done.

542thruNthru

Yes but they can bump 22.4 for their hours right? So can work Saturday. And those 22.4 have a 40 guarantee.

I know it’s not how everyone wants to do it but it can be done.
Honestly man I'm ignorant when it comes to how it will work in the central region. I agree that you should be able to move into Saturday to get your hours but I'm not sure if that's how it will work.

My area we have had a 40 hour guarantee for a long time and the schedule comes out Thursday the week before. If you're on it you're guaranteed your 8 no matter what. You're also guaranteed 5 conservative days so they can't leave you off the schedule Monday either.

nWo

In reality they will probably work you Monday thru Friday then say you are being forced in Saturdays due to staffing issues.

Whither

Scofflaw
so , if we are not in the top 90% we aren’t not guaranteed 40 hours?
That's what the Central language says (Article 12 Section 1). If you're worried re: Monday layoffs talk with your BA to see if you can bump onto Saturdays. I'm not sure how that works because my building's been short-handed since I started 2 years ago. The issue here is forced 6 punches.

tourists24

In the Atlantic Supplement area, they are required to give you one day's notice of layoff if less than 14 days. So unless they tell you that you're laid off on a Monday, they should be telling you by at latest Sunday. If not, you show up to work on Monday ready to work. They tell us "on call", but contractually they can't do that.

Honestly man I'm ignorant when it comes to how it will work in the central region. I agree that you should be able to move into Saturday to get your hours but I'm not sure if that's how it will work.

My area we have had a 40 hour guarantee for a long time and the schedule comes out Thursday the week before. If you're on it you're guaranteed your 8 no matter what. You're also guaranteed 5 conservative days so they can't leave you off the schedule Monday either.
But they can have you work preload and reload at part time wage, not driver pay

542thruNthru

In our building drivers with no routes have to work mornings or nights to get their 40. They get paid their building wage not drivers wage.
You're in the central? This seems wrong to me. What has your BA said? They are full-time RPCDs. Depending on your layoff language they should be paid their RPCD rate in my opinion.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It’s so dumb.
I understand the “need to have Saturday’s,” they just don’t have the consistent volume to do it competently.
1. Shippers demand it
2. It is preparation for a 7-day transportation network
3. Our competition does it and that makes us look bad if we don't

They tell us "on call", but contractually they can't do that.
All they mean is they may call you and ask you to work, it doesn't mean you're obligated to

I just never answered me phone on days off

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
yes sir! then laying off over 15 RPCD on monday so we will only
work 4 days a week! BS!!
Ask for your guaranted 8. Have a witness. If your denied, grieve it. Then file for unemployement (if denied 8hr pay) for the day. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show
(I recognize that this is horrible advice)

tourists24

1. Shippers demand it
2. It is preparation for a 7-day transportation network
3. Our competition does it and that makes us look bad if we don't

All they mean is they may call you and ask you to work, it doesn't mean you're obligated to

I just never answered me phone on days off
that's the optimistic way to put it....lol....