Saturday grounds local 804

babboo25

Banned
Not sure if this has been asked anywhere but what will happen to all the PT Sat air drivers? That's a huge hit to their paycheck if no longer needed.

PT Car Washer

Not sure if this has been asked anywhere but what will happen to all the PT Sat air drivers? That's a huge hit to their paycheck if no longer needed.
This has concerned me also, but I am close enough to retirement that I can ride it out. Since Saturday Ground is going to be high density urban areas I am hoping to still deliver small town and rural areas. Or bumping into the Saturday preload as a double shifter at $50+/hr. instead of $27.64/hr delivering Sat. Air.

Their positions will be eliminated.
No one knows if the company is going to let the ground guys and gals do air too... It all depends on the cost for the company... They might still allow the Saturday air drivers deliver because they get paid less or it could be more cost effective to let the FT ground guys and gals to do it all... Soon will tell.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one knows if the company is going to let the ground guys and gals do air too... It all depends on the cost for the company... They might still allow the Saturday air drivers deliver because they get paid less or it could be more cost effective to let the FT ground guys and gals to do it all... Soon will tell.

Saturday air is 90 minutes relaxed. It will be dispatched with the ground drivers.

km3

Their positions will be eliminated.

Almost every Sat. air driver in my building is invited to do air exception during the week, as well.

Saturday air drivers will be offered the opportunity to become air exception drivers. Those who refuse probably won't be driving anymore.

Saturday air is 90 minutes relaxed. It will be dispatched with the ground drivers.
You could be right... Or you could be wrong... It all depends on cost... The company isn't going to pay drivers crazy overtime or any to deliver on Saturday... Also, there will be ground pickups for businesses that want it... That's a lot of time for the day...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You could be right... Or you could be wrong... It all depends on cost... The company isn't going to pay drivers crazy overtime or any to deliver on Saturday... Also, there will be ground pickups for businesses that want it... That's a lot of time for the day...

The only pickups thus far are the UPS Store.

Trip worked 11 hours this past Saturday.

Inthegame

Read NMA Art 40. When pkg car drivers are working on Saturday, they'll be delivering the air.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Most of our Saturday air drivers here were article 22. They have all been put on the preload, then they do airs in a smaller area than they previously did on Saturdays.

Read NMA Art 40. When pkg car drivers are working on Saturday, they'll be delivering the air.
Article 40 NMA, states air drivers get first dibs on Saturday air work. The ground guys and gals will not be delivering air unless they need more drivers or they reopen and renegotiate the contract... They can also negotiate it in the new contract.

Inthegame

Article 40 NMA, states air drivers get first dibs on Saturday air work.
No it doesn't say that. But it does state in NMA 40 ART 1 (a) that air drivers work only when a regular pkg driver cannot reasonably perform the work. If pkg drivers are now working Sat., they certainly can perform the work.
The ground guys and gals will not be delivering air unless they need more drivers or they reopen and renegotiate the contract...
If "ground guys" aren't delivering air, someone better be filing a grievance. There is no need to reopen when language already exists.
If that's what the company wants then it will happen... The contract can be reopened and renegotiated at anytime. Like I said, what ever makes them the most profitable out of this.
Take your medication.

No it doesn't say that. But it does state in NMA 40 ART 1 (a) that air drivers work only when a regular pkg driver cannot reasonably perform the work. If pkg drivers are now working Sat., they certainly can perform the work.
If "ground guys" aren't delivering air, someone better be filing a grievance. There is no need to reopen when language already exists.
Take your medication.

Attachments

• IMG_1394.PNG
    IMG_1394.PNG
    641 KB · Views: 96