Saturday is getting out of hand

LongIslandNewbie

Can someone answer this in a center where Saturdays has begun. Not happening here till 2018.

Let's just say for example they determine that they will run 20 routes on Saturday. I would think they're not forcing 20 drivers. They need more for vacation and sick calls. So how many extra drivers are they forcing then they need? And what are those drivers doing every Saturday when they show up and they are not needed.

Reason I'm asking is because my guess is, I make the cut for the routes they will run every Saturday, but it will be dicey if I make the cut for the cushion they need.
We have 16 forced drivers and this week we had 16 routes. Not sure what will happen once people call in sick or request off. I am assuming routes will get chopped at that point.

opie

We do so far. Last month had a bid sheet up for 8 EAM Tues thru Sat. air drivers. Just trying to plug the holes. Not sure what will happen next month. Keeping My PT Car Wash job just for the security and the Red Circle pay rate.

Before Saturday Ground, how many PT air drivers were used on Saturdays? Our building starts Saturday Ground next month, and I don't think they plan to use air drivers as of now.

J92

Depending on some locations, Saturday isn't even completely running in full yet. I would think about relocating to a different location and doing some research on how it would differ. That or switch positions. I wonder if they could lower your wage by switching positions like that.

LongIslandNewbie

Absolutely hate Saturday's already. Home at 7pm on Saturday. They kept Monday light since it was all old timers on the schedule and i went in yesterday on Tuesday and had a HEAVY load. UPS store pick ups with 300 packages were held off on Monday since there were all senior guys on. I got home at 9:50 yesterday evening.

ManInBrown

Absolutely hate Saturday's already. Home at 7pm on Saturday. They kept Monday light since it was all old timers on the schedule and i went in yesterday on Tuesday and had a HEAVY load. UPS store pick ups with 300 packages were held off on Monday since there were all senior guys on. I got home at 9:50 yesterday evening.
What do you mean by UPS stores were "held off" on Monday because all old timers were working? You're saying no one picked up the UPS stores?

542thruNthru

There is no way UPS didn't pick up the UPS stores. The drivers could be in wheel chairs and they would still have to pick up the UPS Stores. Every UPS Store would call in a complaint for a missed pick up.

@FrigidFTSup help me out here. How bad would that conference call be if a center manager didn't pick up his UPS Store?

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There is no way UPS didn't pick up the UPS stores. The drivers could be in wheel chairs and they would still have to pick up the UPS Stores. Every UPS Store would call in a complaint for a missed pick up.

@FrigidFTSup help me out here. How bad would that conference call be if a center manager didn't pick up his UPS Store?
IMG_2375.GIF

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Bull