Saturday is getting out of hand

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Time and a half is not enough for a sixth day, it should be double time. this is the Union selling us out, messing with our health, and making it so that we don't live to see retirement. Its actually a way to save the pension plan.

Its time to report an Injury,

No its Slavery. Most of us Signed up for a Monday- Friday Package delivery schedule. the hard workers do get injured, and the more hours we have to work the more likely accidents will increase, Repetitive injuries occur and the Insurance company denies medical claims related to this job. ITS NOT A JOB, not any more, its slavery.

that said, if I am gonna be a slave, get the whip out cause I am gonna start driving five miles to every toilet every 30 minutes.

I'm not sure this place is for you.

Indecisi0n

I'm not sure this place is for you.
tumblr_oi1tjreeqi1r608gvo1_500.gif

rocket man

I average 130-140 stops and 50 miles----57 and 120 would be a light day, especially if they were all house calls.
I guess that all depends on where you live in what area do you deliver in I'm sure your package carrying 150 degrees in the back like it is in certain parts of Florida Georgia a

AlliSeeisBrown

Our residential splits are pretty gnarly. 180 stops is a good day. 220 is the most I've ran on it. It's fairly tight though. But it's a lot of on and off and it's all packed in a little p600. So about 2:00p before you can walk through the truck.

ManInBrown

Can someone answer this in a center where Saturdays has begun. Not happening here till 2018.

Let's just say for example they determine that they will run 20 routes on Saturday. I would think they're not forcing 20 drivers. They need more for vacation and sick calls. So how many extra drivers are they forcing then they need? And what are those drivers doing every Saturday when they show up and they are not needed.

Reason I'm asking is because my guess is, I make the cut for the routes they will run every Saturday, but it will be dicey if I make the cut for the cushion they need.

MendozaJ

Can someone answer this in a center where Saturdays has begun. Not happening here till 2018.

Let's just say for example they determine that they will run 20 routes on Saturday. I would think they're not forcing 20 drivers. They need more for vacation and sick calls. So how many extra drivers are they forcing then they need? And what are those drivers doing every Saturday when they show up and they are not needed.

Reason I'm asking is because my guess is, I make the cut for the routes they will run every Saturday, but it will be dicey if I make the cut for the cushion they need.

You are guaranteed 8 just like any other day. If drivers volunteer to go home, that's on them.

W

What The Hawk?

Its time to report an Injury,

No its Slavery. Most of us Signed up for a Monday- Friday Package delivery schedule. the hard workers do get injured, and the more hours we have to work the more likely accidents will increase, Repetitive injuries occur and the Insurance company denies medical claims related to this job. ITS NOT A JOB, not any more, its slavery.

that said, if I am gonna be a slave, get the whip out cause I am gonna start driving five miles to every toilet every 30 minutes.
This job is not slavery in the slightest bit. Step off your pedestal.

UPSjedi41

We ran our first Saturday yesterday and it was exactly 20 routes. They are currently having 4 more drivers come in.