Saturday Primary/Unload?

teeitupmo

Who got volunteered to work the Saturday Primary/Unload shift at your location? Has it started yet? How many people are going to work at your location?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who got volunteered to work the Saturday Primary/Unload shift at your location? Has it started yet? How many people are going to work at your location?
If it did not start yet, how can anyone be as you say, "volunteered"?

teeitupmo

If it did not start yet, how can anyone be as you say, "volunteered"?
Volunteer was being sarcastic. At my location, not enough new hires and real volunteers. So.. the Saturday staffing was done by seniority.

It's no big deal, was curious more than anything.

teeitupmo

At my hub, during the Primary sort, We unload the trailers, packages are ran through system and ultimately, loaded into the package cars.

For our Saturday sort, we are going to have unloaders, sorters, slide workers, and package car loaders. Basically full staff, just like any other day.

At my hub, during the Primary sort, We unload the trailers, packages are ran through system and ultimately, loaded into the package cars.

For our Saturday sort, we are going to have unloaders, sorters, slide workers, and package car loaders. Basically full staff, just like any other day.
Is it a preload operation or are they saying it is extra work and anyone with high seniority can work it.

teeitupmo

Is it a preload operation or are they saying it is extra work and anyone with high seniority can work it.
Seniority people can asked to be put on the "on call" list. If Saturday shift needs help (calls in, sick, etc..) the people on the "on call" list will be called in. Like wise for Tu-Sat shifters. If Monday Primary needs help, people on the "on call" list for Monday, will be called in to work.

teeitupmo

Worked my first Saturday shift. Light volume. Only half doors working. Nice easy pace, compared normal M-friend days. Not bad at all.

Can't drink too much on Friday evening though. Just had some happy hour drinks after my full time job, because I didn't know what to expect for Saturday.

Bottom line, Saturday work was "easy peasey."

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Sounds more like the twilight sort. Of course I also work in a Hub with 3 Feeder sorts and a preload.

there is no such thing as a primary sort, what @UpstateNYUPSer was referring to is the work area that works off the Primary belt (the belt that the unload, SPA, and sorters work with)

generally the unload/SPA/sort area is referred to as the primary, regardless of shift

Box Ox

Worked my first Saturday shift. Light volume. Only half doors working. Nice easy pace, compared normal M-friend days. Not bad at all.

Can't drink too much on Friday evening though. Just had some happy hour drinks after my full time job, because I didn't know what to expect for Saturday.

Bottom line, Saturday work was "easy peasey."

Think it'll stay that way beyond the pilot phase, eh?

skodenn7

We just started Saturday's at my hub. Start time at 4:45 , which is an hour later than the rest of week. Pretty light day. Had it all knocked out by 730.