Saturday volume increase?

JustDeliverIt

We just had a meeting about this and a few other topics at our local. They are hiring 30+ 22.4's to start transitioning all our RPCD's off of a T-S schedule. Expected to be done in the next month or two, want to have the shift completely done by summer. So probably means by peak they should be close.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With Saturday volume going so high for our building, our Monday is almost Nothing. They forced and asked for volunteers first to move to the Tues-Sat Shift... Some were forced...
This just seems stupid. If the volume is there I get Saturday delivery it is what it is. But if you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul it makes no sense to me.

Brownslave688

Pay the low wage for Saturday drivers ...lay off the full rate people on Monday
What are they gonna do when full rate starts demanding their 40?

It has just never seemed well thought out to me. Now we are gonna have Sunday deliver soon. Where’s that gonna come from?

Future

Victory Ride
What are they gonna do when full rate starts demanding their 40?

It has just never seemed well thought out to me. Now we are gonna have Sunday deliver soon. Where’s that gonna come from?
Been saying this all along ....not sure, but the Sunday delivery they push along 2 customers may be just Surepost delivered 2 the Post office on Saturday ...then delivered by mail carriers ...again I may be wrong on this

Brownslave688

They are going to push for a 4X10 work week for RPCD. JUST WATCH!!
Yeah screw that. Was just telling another drivers wife a week or two ago. I worked 3 days and had 7+ hours of OT. I’d rather work 5 and 8.5-9 hour days. I’m not big on the 10+ hours days.

we all know the 10 hour days would be 11’s also.

specter208

Don’t know all the details. But we have one truck that loads up with smalls bags and is scheduled to leave much earlier than everyone else.