Saturday work

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Our center is about to go to Saturday ground delivery. We currently do not have enough 22.4 drivers. Can UPS force you to work Saturdays.
Yes. Wait til you see how bad the load quality becomes with the Saturday ground implementation. It’s quite hilarious. We’ve had it for about four years now, it’s dumb AF.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
If you are the low man on the totem pole
A couple years ago I bid a mon-fri route. Company tried to force me back to tues-sat roughly 6 months after, due to seniority. Called my union hall and our BA shut that down real quick. Companies response? “Be prepared to be forced in every Saturday for the foreseeable future”

they’ve gotten about 3 Saturdays out of me since then.

A couple years ago I bid a mon-fri route. Company tried to force me back to tues-sat roughly 6 months after, due to seniority. Called my union hall and our BA shut that down real quick. Companies response? “Be prepared to be forced in every Saturday for the foreseeable future”

they’ve gotten about 3 Saturdays out of me since then.
It sucks the way they handle this whole Saturday situation

After implementation yes but when Saturday first comes the local will almost
Certainly give them some leeway to get the 22.4’a hired.
Like years. And they cut M-friend routes and force drivers to either take Monday off or be a cover driver. Been a real disaster at my building for the last several years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Like years. And they cut M-friend routes and force drivers to either take Monday off or be a cover driver. Been a real disaster at my building for the last several years.
We got 22.4’s hired pretty quickly. 2 months or so but Mondays are a :censored2: show.

22.4’s don’t work but about 6 hours on Saturday. Lots of areas aren’t getting delivered on Saturday. Routes still being cut on Mondays and it’s just generally a mess.

We got 22.4’s hired pretty quickly. 2 months or so but Mondays are a :censored2: show.

22.4’s don’t work but about 6 hours on Saturday. Lots of areas aren’t getting delivered on Saturday. Routes still being cut on Mondays and it’s just generally a mess.
We have expanded Saturday to cover rural routes just to meet some matrix of number of stops.

Cowboy Mac

If you really don’t want to work Saturday, make them force you in. Work the Saturday then file a grievance saying you were forced in out of seniority order. That you came into work and not all junior employees were working. There’s no way every single junior employee will be there.