Saving hourly jobs

UPSEBYACCTG

I don't think a single one of our sups, puts even 50% effort towards their job. When no one is looking the FT sups go home and leave the PT sups in charge of everything. Well guess what, with FT sups gone, the PT sups begin the phone calling to their friends, or just sit around and talk gossip. Funny all the hourlies still do their jobs and make this company continue to operate. They could rid us of all our sups, save for 1 OMS, and 1 Preload sup, and nothing would change. Sad that IE cant look at their numbers, and increase their SPOR to unrealistic levels.:peaceful:

UPSEBYACCTG

Don't worry, the management buyout is coming soon. We'll get rid of all the dead weight management people. Watch out for the A.A.'s that now get paid by the week. They are the new non-union hourly's. What a mistake they made choosing to be "management".

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most people with clipboards in their hands are temporary employees or union revenue recovery auditors.

Don't be so quick to assume that an employee who is not handling packages in the operations are $90,000 a year sup, unless you know for a fact threir job title.

In all the buildings I've worked, I have never not once seen a revenue auditor with a clipboard in their hands. They don't even have clipboards, actually. It's the revenue supervisors who walk around with clipboards. And yes I know the difference. It could be different in other areas, of course.

screamin chicken

my FT sups. are good at what they do, sitting in the office talking football, bsaeball, then by 11 they go to lunch together. They are saving the company so much money being together.

sano

I've just decided. I'm done with Brown Cafe. Life is too short to spend even five minutes looking at this drivel. The company is trying to survive the worst economy in 80 years and it is the same old crap on this site. Do any of you drivers ever talk to your customers????? Do you hear them talking tough about how their company stinks and owes them more than they are getting? etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. My God, wake up. I will miss STUG's photos and threads like that, but I can't stand going past all the hatred and ignorance on the other threads to find something refreshing. Good luck to all and hope to see you all still at ups on the other side (of this economic crisis).
NO NO Please don't go! Please.
We cant go on without you. The cafe will never be the same again. My word, without your 14 post the whole internet may collapse.
Please cant we talk it over. cant you reconsider.

sealbasher

Do you realize what you're saying? If UPS got rid of all the clipboard carrying dead wood, the clipboard manufacturing industry would collapse. This would start a domino effect. Next would be the paper industry, no clipboards - no need for paper. Then would come the pen and pencil industries. The graphite and ink industries would flounder. Even the companies that make the little rubber pencil erasers would be hit. No paper & ink - no books, newspapers and magazines.

Schools across the land will close because they can't get supplies. The students, with nothing else to do will run rampant
through the streets. Anarchy will encompass the land. This will eventually bite UPS in the ass come next Peak. Instead of hiring 50 gazillion Christmas helpers, they'll be laying off tens of thousands. UPS won't be delivering Christmas presents to little Johnny because his father lost his job at the pencil eraser factory.

We have to keep the doorstops and paperweights employed. It is vital to the global economy. You have to Get the Big Picture.

lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Do you realize what you're saying? If UPS got rid of all the clipboard carrying dead wood, the clipboard manufacturing industry would collapse. This would start a domino effect. Next would be the paper industry, no clipboards - no need for paper. Then would come the pen and pencil industries. The graphite and ink industries would flounder. Even the companies that make the little rubber pencil erasers would be hit. No paper & ink - no books, newspapers and magazines.

Schools across the land will close because they can't get supplies. The students, with nothing else to do will run rampant
through the streets. Anarchy will encompass the land. This will eventually bite UPS in the ass come next Peak. Instead of hiring 50 gazillion Christmas helpers, they'll be laying off tens of thousands. UPS won't be delivering Christmas presents to little Johnny because his father lost his job at the pencil eraser factory.

We have to keep the doorstops and paperweights employed. It is vital to the global economy. You have to Get the Big Picture.

Best.Post.Evar:happy-very:

sealbasher

90K a year from whom?? Part time sups who get out-earned by a lot the PT hourlies? Ownership continues to bring in differing levels of management for one reason, and one reason only. Results aren't there. If you would do what YOU needed to do according to what WE ask you to do, then you wouldn't see as many "useless" management people walking around your building.

Cheers, and stay safe.

Pay scale differnt in Canada.

sealbasher

With 14 posts to your name I really don't think you gave us enough time!!:sad-little:

You can pick and chose the threads you are interested in reading and contributing in.

For instance sealbasher started this thread out of frustration... but then made it hilarious by saying that a 19 year girl was making 90k a year!!! :rofl: Then Big Babooba added to the humor with his clipboard collapse.

Have a little fun and take every thread with a grain of salt.

now im laughing and feel much better,i might not call in sick tomorrow. lol

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Too much coffee Big?

Schools across the land will close because they can't get supplies. The students, with nothing else to do will run rampant through the streets. Anarchy will encompass the land. This will eventually bite UPS in the ass come next Peak. Instead of hiring 50 gazillion Christmas helpers, they'll be laying off tens of thousands. UPS won't be delivering Christmas presents to little Johnny because his father lost his job at the pencil eraser factory.

OMG, I missed this one. Excuse me while I go grab a roll have paper towels. I have a really BIG mess to clean up. LMAO

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've just decided. I'm done with Brown Cafe. Life is too short to spend even five minutes looking at this drivel. The company is trying to survive the worst economy in 80 years and it is the same old crap on this site. Do any of you drivers ever talk to your customers????? Do you hear them talking tough about how their company stinks and owes them more than they are getting? etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. My God, wake up. I will miss STUG's photos and threads like that, but I can't stand going past all the hatred and ignorance on the other threads to find something refreshing. Good luck to all and hope to see you all still at ups on the other side (of this economic crisis).
Don't let the door hit ya wher the good lord split ya... BYE!

moreluck

golden ticket member
dilli,

I was thinking about saying those exact words, but thought I might get an "friend" in "plays well with others" grade. :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
dilli,

I was thinking about saying those exact words, but thought I might get an "friend" in "plays well with others" grade. :wink2:
More, I know I don't play well with others, so to get an friend in it does not bother me the least little bit. Kinda goes along with my name. LOL:happy-very:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So a supervisor was not out in the operation or on road and you assume they are wasting our company's money. You get mad when you are supervised, observed, work with or even talked to. So what exactly is it that you would like a supervisor to do? I do not get it....... If everyone was doing the job we would not management, ever!

local804

So a supervisor was not out in the operation or on road and you assume they are wasting our company's money. You get mad when you are supervised, observed, work with or even talked to. So what exactly is it that you would like a supervisor to do? I do not get it....... If everyone was doing the job we would not management, ever!

Well for one thing, I wish the supervisors would stop doing bargaining unit work as described in our contract. With all of the consolidations done in the past year, can we a agree there is an excess of supervisors running around? I am sure we could agree on this...