Scanning PO boxes for drivers

upandcomer

Sorry sir. My mistake sir. Wont happen again SIR!

If the post office beats us on small packages and shippers are constantly looking for ways to reduce costs why aren't we looking for REASONABLE ways to do it for them? Why don't we have some sort of flat rate box? Why don't we expand our basic service with one attempt and no claims? Even with our EXTREME labor costs that we are constantly reminded of there has to be a way.

Again, I reiterate my point as to why are we selling the car to buy gas money?

We are looking for reasonable ways to cut cost. It is called.......BASIC!

Basic is only done on contract. The most expensive part of the package flow is the first mile and the last mile. With Basic we are usually picking up a semi-trailer full of packages at once or multiple semi-trailer loads at once. Not 5, 10 or 20 packages at a time.

By having the post office deliver them the last mile it gives our customers some real flexibility (Saturday delivery) for not that much cost to UPS. Also we are seeing the long-term plans of Basic go into effect. Which are returns through the Post Office, where you the driver will pick-up packages from the Post Office. Thus saving UPS money by centralizing Residential pick-ups to one location.

The Flat Rate boxes are a huge scam and our Sales people should be able to win that business every time.

Basic already has no claims, no time commitment and reduced delivery costs.
The reality of the matter is for large companies Basic is not that much cheaper compared to the incentive contracts our customers were getting on Ground.

Basic is a real solution to reduce our customers cost while still keeping their Air and International business.

I can't even begin to count the number of jobs lost if we eliminated Basic, most of our biggest accounts use it. That is business that would be lost to FedEx if we didn't have Basic, it is one thing to pay a 3 or 4% difference, it's another thing to pay 10-15% more for every package. We would be talking about tens of thousands of lost jobs if we got rid of Basic tomorrow.