Scared of 9.5 List?

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Explain to me why some drivers get mad at others for getting/being on the 9.5 list? If you don't like the extra work that you're getting then file yourself.. The 9.5 rule is there for you too.... Why get an attitude with your fellow brothers and sisters in brown? I understand when management notifies a driver that he/she needs to take work off of another driver due to them not being able to finish under 9.5 they like to spin it as that driver isn't pulling his or her weight, but are people that naive to believe them? Isn't it obvious that it's a dispatch issue? I mean C'mon man! The 9.5 rule is there for everyone. Are they just scared to file for some reason?

upschuck

They are usually the runners that get mad if they are out past 5pm so they can't file. Some drivers don't pull their weight, and most everyone knows who they are.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That is same thing they try in my center. So and so needs help for 9.5. They go as far as to intentionally overdispatch a 9.5 person with a split they know can't complete under 9.5 hours. It's a joke and a game to our dispatcher. He thinks it's funny or a joke to try to turn drivers against each other.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They are usually the runners that get mad if they are out past 5pm so they can't file. Some drivers don't pull their weight, and most everyone knows who they are.
It's attitudes like that. " can't pull there weight" that management loves. Don't judge someone else especially your union brother Worry about yourself

Overpaid Union Thug

The greedy drivers make it hard on the unassigned drivers on the 9.5 list. That's for sure. If we have to cover a route that is normally dispatched with 10.5 hours because the bid driver loves money more than life we are screwed. If we can get the new contract ratified that will supposedly be help unassigned drivers in that situation.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
That is same thing they try in my center. So and so needs help for 9.5. They go as far as to intentionally overdispatch a 9.5 person with a split they know can't complete under 9.5 hours. It's a joke and a game to our dispatcher. He thinks it's funny or a joke to try to turn drivers against each other.

That what it seems like in my center as well.. Some drivers get mad at me because I'm on the 9.5 list and from time to time I am not able to finish my dispatched work.. But if they would just take a minute to look at the stats the next mourning and see that I always come in scratch or better, that should tell them it's a dispatch problem and not a work ethic issue. At least that's how I see it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That what it seems like in my center as well.. Some drivers get mad at me because I'm on the 9.5 list and from time to time I am not able to finish my dispatched work.. But if they would just take a minute to look at the stats the next mourning and see that I always come in scratch or better, that should tell them it's a dispatch problem and not a work ethic issue. At least that's how I see it.
Anyone who actually gets mad at you for being on the 9.5 list isn't worth worrying about.

Explain to me why some drivers get mad at others for getting/being on the 9.5 list? If you don't like the extra work that you're getting then file yourself.. The 9.5 rule is there for you too.... Why get an attitude with your fellow brothers and sisters in brown? I understand when management notifies a driver that he/she needs to take work off of another driver due to them not being able to finish under 9.5 they like to spin it as that driver isn't pulling his or her weight, but are people that naive to believe them? Isn't it obvious that it's a dispatch issue? I mean C'mon man! The 9.5 rule is there for everyone. Are they just scared to file for some reason?
Because pusillanimous get mad when they don't have the stones to say no. So misery loves loves company and weak people feed off each other.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Just because some people don't file doesn't mean they are scared. This company rewards its employees who work hard --- it's not always possible to get everyone in on time.

If you gave some of the guys a 8hour day that are on the 9.5 list, they'd still be out past 2200 every night.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Who cares if other drivers get pissy with you. Are they going into management? They can just get over it.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Just because some people don't file doesn't mean they are scared. This company rewards its employees who work hard --- it's not always possible to get everyone in on time.

If you gave some of the guys a 8hour day that are on the 9.5 list, they'd still be out past 2200 every night.

Couldn't disagree more with that statement! I use to be a runner and ran 1.5 to 2hrs under everyday. Worked my Butt off and all that got me was more and more work everyday. Rewarded for my hard work? I think not

upschuck

Explain why you care what other drivers are doing.
Where do I show my concern over what they do in that post? Just making observations. And by the way, I don't want anyone to lose their job. We are all in this together, and occasionally need to lean on others to get by.

Same with our dispatcher. And to boot, they like to try to tarnish your reputation in the process as well, regardless of the situation. Example: 1/14., 'Polar Vortex', 12in of snowfall in sub-zero temps...dispatch decides to put driver out there BLIND (on a route that they have never pulled before). Under normal conditions, this same driver can pull off 20 stops per. hour. In this case, lucky to get 10 off per hour. But in my center, under this scenario, you are now labeled as a 'slacker'. Gimme a break.

JackStraw

As soon as you get on the 9.5 list in my center you get a 3-day. That's why a lot of drivers don't get on it. I understand some drivers like and need the overtime and that's perfectly fine with me. Some are outspoken about everyone not getting on the list, but they will be the first ones to take an RLO and let a casual work. You should be all in or just pipe down.