Scariest Moment

Whargoul

I was at center after a 11 hour day and I forgot to put my handbrake up and my PC rolled into another one while I was in the back taking off clerk work. At first I thought someone backed into me. There was no damage and nobody saw it happen... or at least didn't say anything. I've never forgotten to use my handbrake since.

SmithBarney

Steering wheel in my Ford P1000 highstep seemed loose..then while traveling about 45 getting my arm massage(from all the vibration) the steering wheel worked its way up and off the splined steering column and I couldn't steer...HOLY S... I pushed it back down and got it working again, I finished the route and wrote it up...

Other than that Kids running out in front of me was a nightmare I had on occasion.

nystripe96

Getting stuck in the projects at 8:30pm during a thunderstorm. Truck was a block away. Had to hunker down in a building with some intimidating looking people. I EC'd about 10 pieces. Punched out 10:20. I definitely earned every penny that day

TheKid99

None at UPS I have a few when I were a mail carrier at USPS.

I was delivering mail on a loop. I forgot my pepper spray in the vehicle. So I stepped into the porch at the last house on the loop before crossing the street put the mail in the mailbox and when I turned around I see a HUGE Rottweiler across the street.. I had no idea what to do... He was afraid to cross the street. Barking...I just stayed still on the porch until the owner came out lucky he did because if that dog came attacking me my only hope would have been he satchel and the postal scanner.

Another situation I was jump stopping mail when there were two dogs behind the fence. The mailbox was on the fence. So I went up to the fence one of the dogs start barking. I laughed it off looked at him for about ten seconds and put the mail in the mailbox. While I was putting the mail in, the dog tried to get out from underneath the chain fence. I didn't think nothing of it because the pit bull was huge there's no way he could get out.. I was wrong.. Once I seen his head out the fence and part of his body past underneath the fence I dropped everything and ran.... I tried to jump inside the vehicle; I was that close from opening the door and he got me by my leg near the knee area. I fell... He bit me once had a tight grip and shook it... And then let go and went back to the property... A witness walking down the street scared him away.. Luckily the witness was there or I would've been mauled. The dog was going after my neck next. took about 2 minutes for the owner to come out and they were being compassionate to the dog like I did something wrong wtf? I was the 3rd victim by the same dog. I didn't end up sueing I didn't want them to put the dog down but I think USPS sued.

Last one I had to deliver a certified letter from a police department to a suspected drug house... Boy that was scary. IMHO this is the scariest experience but the young cat ended up being cool.

That's my story.this all happened in Detroit lol

Wilson

I run a rural route and it seem every other day there's a "holy Fk" moment with blind driveways, blind curves in the road, napping texters, car coming down steep icy driveways sideways, etc.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5547-1364242100-1.gif

nystripe96

Awwww....what's that matter......didn't want tob get wet?

The parcels would've gotten soaked. Not to mention the lighting was cloud to ground

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My scariest moment also involved a snow covered hill. I was coming down Dannemora Mountain and the rear of the pkg car decided it wanted to swing around toward the front. I went down the road sideways. Thankfully there was no one around and I was able to straighten it out at the bottom of the hill.

My other scary story will have to wait until I am retired.
If you tell that story after you retire some will say you are unable to move on and talking about a UPS that doesn't exist anymore. Even if it's the same night you retire.:cool:

Cowboy Mac

I was at center after a 11 hour day and I forgot to put my handbrake up and my PC rolled into another one while I was in the back taking off clerk work. At first I thought someone backed into me. There was no damage and nobody saw it happen... or at least didn't say anything. I've never forgotten to use my handbrake since.

I did that once in my car when I was delivering pizzas. I pulled up to the house to find the customer standing in the driveway waiting for his food that the kitchen made wrong. I was in such a hurry to give this guy the food and get on to my next delivery that I hopped out without pulling the e brake. I walked behind the car to get the pizza out of the trunk and it started rolling towards me with the customer's car parked right behind me. I quickly pushed my car with all of my strength (it only weighs 2300 lbs) and ran to the door, opened it and slammed my right foot on the pedal.

Nope! That's the clutch! By the time I found the brake and got the car stopped, I was within inches of hitting this man's car. I didn't care that he left me no tip. I was just thankful that I didn't hit anything.

If it happens once, shame on me but it's not gonna happen again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did that once in my car when I was delivering pizzas. I pulled up to the house to find the customer standing in the driveway waiting for his food that the kitchen made wrong. I was in such a hurry to give this guy the food and get on to my next delivery that I hopped out without pulling the e brake. I walked behind the car to get the pizza out of the trunk and it started rolling towards me with the customer's car parked right behind me. I quickly pushed my car with all of my strength (it only weighs 2300 lbs) and ran to the door, opened it and slammed my right foot on the pedal.

Nope! That's the clutch! By the time I found the brake and got the car stopped, I was within inches of hitting this man's car. I didn't care that he left me no tip. I was just thankful that I didn't hit anything.

If it happens once, shame on me but it's not gonna happen again.

If you pulled up to the house how was the customer's car behind you in the driveway?