SCOTUS

El Correcto

god is dead
9450C94E-9EDB-4543-AAED-205B0CB1C154.jpeg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I am very impressed by this ruling by the SCOTUS!
It reasoned that discrimination based on sexual orientation is a ‘subset of sex discrimination.'”

Thomas, Aleto and Kavanaugh voted against this ruling.

I don't hold it against them ... their dissent was based on the fact that this is essentially writing law from the bench.
Their contention is that Congress should do their job (good luck on that!!!) and pass a law that defines these inclusions.
This ruling passed today is a landmark case that only changes laws in 17 states as the other 33 states already have this as a law, passed by their legislatures.

oldngray

nowhere special
Thomas, Aleto and Kavanaugh voted against this ruling.

I don't hold it against them ... their dissent was based on the fact that this is essentially writing law from the bench.
Their contention is that Congress should do their job (good luck on that!!!) and pass a law that defines these inclusions.
This ruling passed today is a landmark case that only changes laws in 17 states as the other 33 states already have this as a law, passed by their legislatures.
Agreed. The decision is mostly symbolic since most states already have laws for these situations but my issue with it is the writing from the bench. The law as written didn't include sexual orientation and it is up to Congress to write a new law. Not have judges do it for them. The real concern is that things don't get twisted to mean extra rights instead of equal rights.