Well, Well, Well

floridays

That was my daughter and the guy in front of her is her boyfriend.
Glad you had a great night Old Rat, best thing is..........you'll probably remember it tomorrow.
prarie dog hole.jpg
3 prarie dogs.jpg

under any other name, still rats

floridays

I thought about that tonight ... I use to be 3 sheets to the wind and memories were fuzzy
Now that I’ve cut back on the recreational chemicals, I can remember last night.
I only offered that from my experience, I'm alive by the grace of God and have never met a larger :censored2: than myself.
You take care my friend. :thumbup1:

bbsam

Staff member
Stay out of a field you can't drop a plow in.

Can a District Attorney or Attorney General Of the United States decide which laws, when violated, they will prosecute?

Different side of your "society functioning" coin.
Actually, yes. A district attorney or attorney general can make those decisions. However, that doesn’t diminish the crime or necessarily mean that the next to hold the office will not do so (should the statute of limitations not run out).

vantexan

Actually, yes. A district attorney or attorney general can make those decisions. However, that doesn’t diminish the crime or necessarily mean that the next to hold the office will not do so (should the statute of limitations not run out).
There's a big difference between deciding a case can't be won with the evidence presented so deciding not to prosecute and selectively choosing which laws they'll enforce, and which they won't. They swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and anyone refusing to enforce the law is derelict in their duties. And should be fired. We're getting into real problems when an AG or DA decides to put politics above law enforcement. And is backed by those of the same political persuasion who refuse to discipline said AG or DA.

bbsam

Staff member
There's a big difference between deciding a case can't be won with the evidence presented so deciding not to prosecute and selectively choosing which laws they'll enforce, and which they won't. They swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and anyone refusing to enforce the law is derelict in their duties. And should be fired. We're getting into real problems when an AG or DA decides to put politics above law enforcement. And is backed by those of the same political persuasion who refuse to discipline said AG or DA.
Maybe we are. But that’s the truth of the situation.

But it’s common for AGs not to prosecute in drug cases to “climb up the food chain”. Years ago, probably 75% of the local drug supply came through Michael Nunn. Everybody knew it. Finally they arrested and prosecuted him. Who knows what politics and money influenced those decisions?

And if you really believe AG Barr never had his girth on the scales of justice...then you’d probably believe both he and President Trump are the same svelte 230 lbs.

vantexan

But it’s common for AGs not to prosecute in drug cases to “climb up the food chain”. Years ago, probably 75% of the local drug supply came through Michael Nunn. Everybody knew it. Finally they arrested and prosecuted him. Who knows what politics and money influenced those decisions?

And if you really believe AG Barr never had his girth on the scales of justice...then you’d probably believe both he and President Trump are the same svelte 230 lbs.
Can you name laws that Barr decided he wouldn't uphold? As I recall Barr very publicly refuted claims of widespread voter fraud. Doesn't strike me as a guy who was in the president's hip pocket. And "climbing up the food chain" involves immunity or reduced sentences in exchange for testimony leading to convictions.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Can you name laws that Barr decided he wouldn't uphold? As I recall Barr very publicly refuted claims of widespread voter fraud. Doesn't strike me as a guy who was in the president's hip pocket. And "climbing up the food chain" involves immunity or reduced sentences in exchange for testimony leading to convictions.
I think Barr wants to distance himself from the administration without being considered a “bad soldier” to the Republican Party. He wants his cake and to eat it too

vantexan

I think Barr wants to distance himself from the administration without being considered a “bad soldier” to the Republican Party. He wants his cake and to eat it too

Goes to legacy, which means something to these guys. It wasn't Barr's first run as AG. He's probably too old now to be serving in any capacity again, but knew anyone associated with Trump was going to be radioactive and have no chance of serving again. The same with Pence. So they did what they did.

newfie

i thought you made fairly reasonable argument in the first paragraph. I'm not sure why you had to salt it with the TDS in the second.

are you struggling to let go?

newfie

so what you're saying is republicans actually have different opinions and state them something you've never seen on your side of the political asile?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
i thought you made fairly reasonable argument in the first paragraph. I'm not sure why you had to salt it with the TDS in the second.

That’s not TDS. He eats McDonald’s everyday. Meanwhile the gummyment came out and championed his health 😂😂

bbsam

Staff member

Oh grow up.
How about if I say both Eric Holder and Barr had cases they could’ve won but didn’t for personal reasons? Does that help you swallow the truth of the matter?