Seasonal driver frustrating

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by scuderix, Nov 26, 2018.

1. scuderix

scuderix New Member

I’m a seasonal driver how do I secure my job like when January comes how do I make sure I’m keeping it I applied not knowing it was seasonal they didn’t tell me u til I got to training I don’t have another job so I’m riding on this to go through I just need some help idk what to do

2. Just keep working hard and don't get into any accidents.

3. scuderix

scuderix New Member

I’ve been working hard but the thing is I have to go In Monday thru Friday and I don’t even know if I’m working until I get there

4. It sucks being on the bottom.

5. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

not much you can do but be safe

6. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Just keep telling them you really want to work at UPS forever and don’t crash.

7. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Go into work every day and be on time. Work your ass off and do your job efficiently. After you're done, and before you come in, call in to see if you're needed to help elsewhere. Do it every day and your chances to be kept on afterward are better than those guys who don't.

8. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

don't stop looking for a job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. scuderix

scuderix New Member

Should I just look for another job for back up

10. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. cosis

cosis Member

Yes

12. Methods Man

Methods Man Member

Are you prepared to drop down to part time for an extended period of time until you get enough seniority to bid to drive? Depending on your Center/Hub it’s very unlikely you’ll just jump into a FT driving position after being seasonal. Just as everyone above stated. Work hard and always ask what else you can do and above all be safe. Goodluck

13. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Get the ups logo tatooed on your forehead

14. scuderix

scuderix New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It should be very easy to find out by asking drivers that are near you if there is a chance that there will be an off the street hire. If they do not know, they will know someone that does. In my building, there is no chance.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. ColdHarvest

ColdHarvest Member

Your first step should be learning proper English, punctuation and grammar.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  17. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I think that would actually work against him.

18. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

Wut I learned on here is that every terminal is different. I know a seasonal driver at my local UPS terminal that went straight to Monday-Friday full-time because the insiders didn't want to drive

19. ajax25

ajax25 Member

I actually started as a season driver 5 years ago. Crush you’re route, get to know your center manager and supervisor. Let them know you would love to get a full time position after peak. Volunteer to help and work as much as you can. You have to give them someone positive to remember about you because honestly as a seasonal guy it’s easy for them to see you as just a body for a short period of time. It’s unlikely but I’m proof that it actually can happen. I didn’t get hired full time until the April after peak though. Good luck!

20. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

Just show up on time and be reliable. When/if you finish early send a “Finished Work” message to center along with “Willing to help”. Then stay put and wait for a response. If you don’t get one in 5 minutes call them and tell them you want more work. You don’t have to kiss anyone’s ass, just be easy to work with and dependable.

Drive safe and best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List