Seasonal driver frustrating

scuderix

I’m a seasonal driver how do I secure my job like when January comes how do I make sure I’m keeping it I applied not knowing it was seasonal they didn’t tell me u til I got to training I don’t have another job so I’m riding on this to go through I just need some help idk what to do

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I’m a seasonal driver how do I secure my job like when January comes how do I make sure I’m keeping it I applied not knowing it was seasonal they didn’t tell me u til I got to training I don’t have another job so I’m riding on this to go through I just need some help idk what to do
not much you can do but be safe

GenericUsername

Go into work every day and be on time. Work your ass off and do your job efficiently. After you're done, and before you come in, call in to see if you're needed to help elsewhere. Do it every day and your chances to be kept on afterward are better than those guys who don't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
tenor.gif

Methods Man

Are you prepared to drop down to part time for an extended period of time until you get enough seniority to bid to drive? Depending on your Center/Hub it’s very unlikely you’ll just jump into a FT driving position after being seasonal. Just as everyone above stated. Work hard and always ask what else you can do and above all be safe. Goodluck

barnyard

KTM rider
It should be very easy to find out by asking drivers that are near you if there is a chance that there will be an off the street hire. If they do not know, they will know someone that does. In my building, there is no chance.

ColdHarvest

Your first step should be learning proper English, punctuation and grammar.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wut I learned on here is that every terminal is different. I know a seasonal driver at my local UPS terminal that went straight to Monday-Friday full-time because the insiders didn't want to drive

ajax25

I actually started as a season driver 5 years ago. Crush you’re route, get to know your center manager and supervisor. Let them know you would love to get a full time position after peak. Volunteer to help and work as much as you can. You have to give them someone positive to remember about you because honestly as a seasonal guy it’s easy for them to see you as just a body for a short period of time. It’s unlikely but I’m proof that it actually can happen. I didn’t get hired full time until the April after peak though. Good luck!

Zowert

Just show up on time and be reliable. When/if you finish early send a “Finished Work” message to center along with “Willing to help”. Then stay put and wait for a response. If you don’t get one in 5 minutes call them and tell them you want more work. You don’t have to kiss anyone’s ass, just be easy to work with and dependable.

Drive safe and best of luck.