Seasonal Driver

bozack23

What is the typical time period for a seasonal driver? From reading the post if seems to be June to Jan?
If hired as a seasonal driver should I expect 40 hours a week or more?

I know each location is different. I would be interviewing in the Pittsburgh area.

Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App

scisector9

Yes over 40 should be common. At least at my center. If there is too much work a veteran would be happy to go home with no pay for the day. They chomp at the bit to get those down days. Crazy? I never understood it until I have been around for almost a year now. Down time does a body good and if you are making 90k a year, what is a 350 dollar drop in the bucket? Not sure all centers work like this, but our seasonal and cover guys are kept busy. I am a ft cover driver and besides when I was doing my training route I work every day, and they pull from the bottom for extra work and helping other drivers.

This may all be different where you are, but good luck! FYI we have kept seasonal drivers around in my center to deliver air pt outside of seasonal work. Good way to keep in the system.

Cheers!

mdnj88

Good luck, that's how I got my full time gig. I did 2 peaks as a seasonal until they called me back. Run your tail off until you get better at the methods and don't get hurt or in an accident.

UPSjedi41

As an off the street hire working seasonally last year, yes you are eligible for unemployment. But you probably won't make enough to make it worth while. Unemployment is figured on what you make quarterly and they don't count the previous quarter you just worked. I worked all summer last year than was off a month. Then I drove peak and laid off in mid January. Filed for unemployment in January and it was only $325 week with 2 dependents. The peak quarter of Oct-Dec was not counted. If it had, I would have gotten another $100 week.