Seasonal driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by masheezy006, Oct 4, 2018.

1. masheezy006

masheezy006 New Member

Should I be a seasonal driver and if so what’s the starting pay And after seasonal would i advance to be in a full-time driver position?

2. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

No.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

F24C1FF8-9279-47E5-8AD0-1D361BA20514.gif

4. They will beat the snot out of you for Christmas and get rid of you after the beginning of the year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Work for Amazon, we have gotten rid of fulltime positions at UPS , you’d have to work 70 years before you can retire

6. walk the jewels

walk the jewels just driving around in circles

Maybe.

7. masheezy006

masheezy006 New Member

Lol

8. masheezy006

masheezy006 New Member

Ok so i been working there for 1 year now doing preload and im just try to move up to drivers pay while preloading like this other driver does.

9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

FFS

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. It's a good way to get your foot in the door

11. masheezy006

masheezy006 New Member

I look at it like a hustle im feeling left behind lol

12. It's always a hustle here. It's a good way to find out if you want to drive for a living

13. masheezy006

masheezy006 New Member

True!

14. I hope you drive better than you quote..:raspberry-tounge:

15. Chaos

Chaos I Am The Devil

There are a lot of other parcel companies that are easier to get into. Amazon, Fedex, DHL...heck even other smaller logistic companies. They all pay well enough as well.

I used to work for Fedex. I knew after my time there I wanted to drive for a living so I transitioned and got a shot for a permanent with UPS.

UPS = better pay, benefits, retirement = more bull:censored2:, more work, body destruction

Seasonal? 100% that big brown will use and abuse you for the 5 weeks of peak and 10% they offer you a part time spot in the warehouse after. Every year for the last 5 years has been record breaking in volume.

Let me just say you have to have the highest tolerance for bull:censored2: and be a little bit crazy to want to be a delivery driver for F and U.

Take a look around this forum, seriously. You got your retirees and those close to retirement that have their sentiments. You have have the vast majority that are currently working for And are inherently broken already. Then you got new people like me that are optimistic and excited. Except I’m not optimistic or excited. I’m a realist, I did this :censored2: for years already I just want better pay and retirement since I’m already coming in half broken. Good Luck!!

16. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Yes, be a driver. Starting pay is $67/hour after 10 days! After Xmas, you will be hired at $85/hour.

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes

One million dollars

Absolutely.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Might as well make that your signature for the next few months.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  19. silverbullet2893

silverbullet2893 Great job!

In depth analysis! Lets send it back to @Turdferguson in the studio for more!