Seasonal Drivers, is this unusual??

Whaler31

Been ready to work, and on-call since October 9th.

Put in about 1 day +/- training at the center the 1st few days.

Call in every morning at 7:30;

Get told "you're on call today 'til 11"

That's one full month of on call for nothing...keeping the faith and asking for work, but getting new excuse, after excuse.

I'm truly dumbfounded.....please tell me why!

(UPS please just give me a reason or let me go :crying: feeling really abused by these folks, for no apparent reason)

outta hours

If it is like my bldg. the sups. are working while your at home. I would go in everyday and hang around. Something will always come up for you to do. Out of sight equals out of mind.

H

Homer Golly

That's nothing. I have been calling in everday for 2 months getting the "nothing today darn it!" quote. Today I see three new seasonal drivers delivering to the mall by my house. They had to be "hired" after me since they were not in my training class. Their browns still had the creases in them since they were so new. I will be taking my browns in monday, being able to have somewhat of a life and not putting it on hold all week in case I can work is better than this run-around. Good Luck to you my friend.

Whaler31

How much are they paying you to be "on call"?

Zero, zip, nada, zilch.....

that comes to about 87+ hours that I waited for Big Brown each morning, only to get the Big Brown Turd.

They tell me it's battles between management and the center(s)

I did finally get to work 4 hours loading and unloading last Friday, though!

upsman415

dont worry seasonal drivers you will get screwed. but if the stupidvisor likes your work they might hire you full time... but after peak bye bye..

T

Turdferguson

Been ready to work, and on-call since October 9th.

Put in about 1 day +/- training at the center the 1st few days.

Call in every morning at 7:30;

Get told "you're on call today 'til 11"

That's one full month of on call for nothing...keeping the faith and asking for work, but getting new excuse, after excuse.

I'm truly dumbfounded.....please tell me why!

(UPS please just give me a reason or let me go :crying: feeling really abused by these folks, for no apparent reason)

Good luck brother! Maybe @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U can put in a good word for you