Seasonal driving performance actually play a role in management considering you for FT employment?

ThyDevourer

?
Just curious if running and gunning is even worth it. Also holy :censored2: I just got done at 3pm during peak.. Never thought I would see the light of day after work during peak season.

GenericUsername

Don't worry about them keeping you on FT or not after season. If you're nowhere near the top of the seniority list, then regardless of how you work, they'll promote according to said list. If you're a seasonal driver, the chances are super slim you'll even be kept on for driving. Most likely they'll keep you on as a preloader. My suggestion is to work safe, get your stops done, and if you're one of the ones that need/want the money, call in after you're done with your stops to see if there is anyone nearby who needs help.

ThyDevourer

Sounds more like a jet pack! Not sure if I wanna ask how many stops...
Not a lot at all really. In addition to that another seasonal is doing my pickups now too. Gotta say my center seems to be doing a decent job thus far.. I'll surely eat my words in the coming weeks though.

ThyDevourer

Did you call in to see if anyone needed help?
Yeah I called the center and they had me run a mis-load to a closed business (they close early and the center knew they were closed) so i drive it about 15 minutes off my route just to sheet it as missed/closed. I thought that was pretty bizarre. Was going to bleed a UPS store but another driver grabbed it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah I called the center and they had me run a mis-load to a closed business (they close early and the center knew they were closed) so i drive it about 15 minutes off my route just to sheet it as missed/closed. I thought that was pretty bizarre. Was going to bleed a UPS store but another driver grabbed it.

Did you try to indirect the closed business?

Mr.Golden

?
Just curious if running and gunning is even worth it. Also holy :censored2: I just got done at 3pm during peak.. Never thought I would see the light of day after work during peak season.
We all can get done at 3pm during peak season we just choose not to. Hell im a runner gunner and 3 drivers had to come help me. They pull me to the office and ask why I was 9.5 hrs over.......

I guess if you make a big enough impression they will take a look at your numbers. But don't let them fool you with "if you do a good job there a full time position waiting for you." They say that to all temps. Then all you guys are running your balls off.

If you are serious about wanting to get on here,now is show time. Don't run like an idiot, it only leads to mistakes.

Also look for the seniority list. See how many 30 year drivers are on them. Maybe some might be retiring soon.

ThyDevourer

Triangle method.

You try to bring package to addresses on both sides and across the street.
Gotcha, I thought about attempting a delivery but I was in a gated facility and I didn't feel like messing with it. If it were on my route I probably would have tried to get it off, less for tomorrow.

Holydriver

?
the thing about brown cafe and UPS seniority drivers in general is this. they are scattered all accross the USA, will never ever ever know who you are or anything about you, but will look and talk down on you to no end for
"running and gunning" or skipping lunch. the dude that mentioned a seniority list is right. thats how its going to be, so hopefully you have seniority over other seasonal hires. either way, do what makes you comfortable while workig....dont let any of these slap nuts convince you otherwise.