Seasonal driving performance actually play a role in management considering you for FT employment?

ThyDevourer

the thing about brown cafe and UPS seniority drivers in general is this. they are scattered all accross the USA, will never ever ever know who you are or anything about you, but will look and talk down on you to no end for
"running and gunning" or skipping lunch. the dude that mentioned a seniority list is right. thats how its going to be, so hopefully you have seniority over other seasonal hires. either way, do what makes you comfortable while workig....dont let any of these slap nuts convince you otherwise.
I have 3 years hub seniority so no huge advantage but it's something I guess. I don't kill myself out there but I'd like to think I work pretty hard and do the best I can do with my limited knowledge.

ThyDevourer

We all can get done at 3pm during peak season we just choose not to. Hell im a runner gunner and 3 drivers had to come help me. They pull me to the office and ask why I was 9.5 hrs over.......
I wasn't trying to say it was impressive or anything to that affect. I didn't have a ton of work. I was simply saying to be done for the day at 3pm this time of year was surprising to me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
the thing about brown cafe and UPS seniority drivers in general is this. they are scattered all accross the USA, will never ever ever know who you are or anything about you, but will look and talk down on you to no end for
"running and gunning" or skipping lunch. the dude that mentioned a seniority list is right. thats how its going to be, so hopefully you have seniority over other seasonal hires. either way, do what makes you comfortable while workig....dont let any of these slap nuts convince you otherwise.
I take offense to that, like it matters. I dont look down on anyone.

brownstreak86

I was a seasonal 9 Peaks, and always gave it 110%. I'm 29 now and have worked construction the rest of the year, and it always seems to work out for me to take 8-12 weeks off around the holidays. Before this season my supervisor called me up and told me that after peak a full time permanent outside hire position would be available for me. Though I'm still skeptical and not holding my breath, she has told all the permanent drivers that the position is mine and I can't help but be a little excited. I will let you know come January, but to my knowledge, yes, giving it 110% will get you considered for a permanent position.

I was a seasonal 9 Peaks, and always gave it 110%. I'm 29 now and have worked construction the rest of the year, and it always seems to work out for me to take 8-12 weeks off around the holidays. Before this season my supervisor called me up and told me that after peak a full time permanent outside hire position would be available for me. Though I'm still skeptical and not holding my breath, she has told all the permanent drivers that the position is mine and I can't help but be a little excited. I will let you know come January, but to my knowledge, yes, giving it 110% will get you considered for a permanent position.
I was casual. I was hired after my 2nd peak. Hard work pays off in the long run.

Holydriver

i got hired full time after my first peak. i was an off the street hire for seasonal that busted his ass and got the job. i personally dont mess around when it comes to work. a lot of drivers seem to think that being a lazy :censored2: head is the right way to handle their jobs. work extremely slow because its managements fault that they have work to do. i personally think that my work ethic and the fact that i rarely complain is a reason why im on a cake route this peak. dont be a turd and you will succeed in this job as with any other job

ManInBrown

i got hired full time after my first peak. i was an off the street hire for seasonal that busted his ass and got the job. i personally dont mess around when it comes to work. a lot of drivers seem to think that being a lazy :censored2: head is the right way to handle their jobs. work extremely slow because its managements fault that they have work to do. i personally think that my work ethic and the fact that i rarely complain is a reason why im on a cake route this peak. dont be a turd and you will succeed in this job as with any other job
Congrats on being hired FT. I can assure you, thats not the reason you're on a "cake route" Having a good work ethic and not complaining gets you nothing but more work on :censored2: routes.

ManInBrown

The hardest workers get more work. No matter where you work.
Absolutely. Thats why you gotta know how to play the game. I give them an average day, everyday. Nothing more, nothing less. By no means am I out there dropping anchor or carrying a piano on my back. But I'm also not SuperMan. Fair days work for a fair days pay.

Holydriver

Congrats on being hired FT. I can assure you, thats not the reason you're on a "cake route" Having a good work ethic and not complaining gets you nothing but more work on :censored2: routes.
I know, I've been there. Trust me. But something changed at peak and I went from one of the last guys in at night to one of the first guys in.