Seasonal hire union member

Jetboat1

Wrong. I had at least four Christmas helpers that went on to work inside, and two became drivers.
Went on yea they applied for a part time job inside and were hired after being let go from Christmas helper. I hope you bought them lunch when they were making 8.50 an hour.

BigBadJohnson

It's a union shop everybody that works here should pay Union dues
Disagree just because you have the union there doesn't mean that you have to be a part of the Union it's your choice to pay the dues to have the union back you so if you don't want to pay you just don't get the rights to have Union help it's a choice like everything else it's not automatic that's like me holding a gun to your head and saying hey you're going to do this because you work here you can't be forced into something

Disagree just because you have the union there doesn't mean that you have to be a part of the Union it's your choice to pay the dues to have the union back you so if you don't want to pay you just don't get the rights to have Union help it's a choice like everything else it's not automatic that's like me holding a gun to your head and saying hey you're going to do this because you work here you can't be forced into something
Well enjoy your seasonal work cuz you'll be gone January 1st

nWo

If you had taken any warehouse job i.e. part time inside work. The company would very likely kept you on. As a drivers helper you will be let go after peak. Yes the union is not working for you. All I can offer you is free admission to the 50 percent of UPS employees who the union works against to provide greater benefits to the other half.

Which is why you should ask them if you can do both.

Paul j

Why don't you full time UPS employees mind your own business. The original question was do seasonal workers benefit at all from the union whatsoever which is a very fair question. You full time ups employees that have nothing better to do than chime in and stick up for your big bully Union cuz you have nothing better to do this has absolutely nothing to do with you. Everything I've read evidence all points to getting ripped off, number one we're not in a union so we're not in the union so if we're not in the union where we paying union dues. 2. How much they were taking and when they were taking it it would be different you would could make it better decision but when you're applying they don't tell you that all they tell you is that they're going to be taken out union dues and they don't tell you a single cent you have no idea. You just assume that it's a respectable company and then it'll be something that's fair but it's anything but fair. They hijack your first two checks take initiation fees and they take it all out in your first check because they know it's criminal and they know what they're doing and they have to get it before you quit or before you find out. So back to the original question that never got answered because either nobody knows or the answer is nothing - Do seasonal workers who are not in the Union who are forced to pay union dues benefit in any way whatsoever from all the money that's taken in from seasonal workers by the union?

Why don't you full time UPS employees mind your own business. The original question was do seasonal workers benefit at all from the union whatsoever which is a very fair question. You full time ups employees that have nothing better to do than chime in and stick up for your big bully Union cuz you have nothing better to do this has absolutely nothing to do with you. Everything I've read evidence all points to getting ripped off, number one we're not in a union so we're not in the union so if we're not in the union where we paying union dues. 2. How much they were taking and when they were taking it it would be different you would could make it better decision but when you're applying they don't tell you that all they tell you is that they're going to be taken out union dues and they don't tell you a single cent you have no idea. You just assume that it's a respectable company and then it'll be something that's fair but it's anything but fair. They hijack your first two checks take initiation fees and they take it all out in your first check because they know it's criminal and they know what they're doing and they have to get it before you quit or before you find out. So back to the original question that never got answered because either nobody knows or the answer is nothing - Do seasonal workers who are not in the Union who are forced to pay union dues benefit in any way whatsoever from all the money that's taken in from seasonal workers by the union?
You are working in a union shop getting union wages.

Not all areas take union dues from seasonals.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So back to the original question that never got answered because either nobody knows or the answer is nothing - Do seasonal workers who are not in the Union who are forced to pay union dues benefit in any way whatsoever from all the money that's taken in from seasonal workers by the union?
Yes

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I’m guessing layoffs just hit, and you didn’t get invited back.

But telling full time employees not to stick up for the union and then asking what is the point of the union seems like you only want to hear that unions are bad.

Especially given that you threw around the word “criminal” describing dues.

The union bargained for wages. For working conditions. For checks and balances to the managers. For holidays off. And a ton of other things.

You got to enjoy many of those benefits even as a seasonal.

Probably should have checked if UPS was a union shop before you applied.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

But telling full time employees not to stick up for the union and then asking what is the point of the union seems like you only want to hear that unions are bad.

The union bargained for wages. For working conditions. For checks and balances to the managers. For holidays off. And a ton of other things.

A48D7401-0558-4997-B7A1-8BEB951D76C5.gif

Thebrownblob

Hi

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

....or he could hold his contempt for the Company who signed the Union contract and subsequently hired him?

So if UPS failed to tell him the deal, that's on UPS....period.

If you are here looking for an apology @Paul j you are looking in the wrong place as perhaps you were also looking in the wrong place when you applied for a position as a "seasonal employee" at UPS.

Thebrownblob

....or he could hold his contempt for the Company who signed the Union contract and subsequently hired him?

If UPS failed to tell him the deal, that's on UPS....period.

So if you are here looking for an apology @Paul j you are looking in the wrong place as perhaps you were looking in the wrong place when you applied for a position as a "seasonal employee" at UPS.
He wants an apology?
1704031034902.gif

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Scabs can be so obtuse.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
1699904689114640.gif
1700009865254290.gif
1680048298594901.gif

the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif
B4C095A9-E5F2-458B-9818-2E836B4AB078.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Try Amazon, they’re hiring. Scab