Seasonal hiring questions

Nostromo

Welcome to the Dumb and Dumber company, where their so dumb they could screw up a wet dream dude lol.

Had 2 feeders being recycled one at %100 and the other at %40. Our lead sup only requested one feeder for all that to go into talk about retarded.

Sent using Morse code

So I have good news and bad news. I passed my driving test. Anyway... I have a big concern now after passing the driving test and that is an apparent drug test that I'll have to take during my DOT physical?!?!?!? I smoke once in a blue moon and this was the first time in months that I have smoked. I was 100% sure that UPS didn't drug test drivers and if they did it was just after accidents or due to suspicions but I was wrong. So after the driving test the HR woman discussed the rest of the training process to me and that's when the bomb was dropped on me. Among the papers that needed to be signed was one about drug testing.... :whiteflag:. I am just really stressed out and really disappointed in the situation. I smoked on Saturday and I have till the 24th to get my DOT physical... Is it possible that I might not even have a test? or is my job opportunity pretty much over? Any advice would be great...! Really anything to ease my mind would be great and PLEASE save any negative remarks or comments, I do not care to see them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I have good news and bad news. I passed my driving test. Anyway... I have a big concern now after passing the driving test and that is an apparent drug test that I'll have to take during my DOT physical?!?!?!? I smoke once in a blue moon and this was the first time in months that I have smoked. I was 100% sure that UPS didn't drug test drivers and if they did it was just after accidents or due to suspicions but I was wrong. So after the driving test the HR woman discussed the rest of the training process to me and that's when the bomb was dropped on me. Among the papers that needed to be signed was one about drug testing.... :whiteflag:. I am just really stressed out and really disappointed in the situation. I smoked on Saturday and I have till the 24th to get my DOT physical... Is it possible that I might not even have a test? or is my job opportunity pretty much over? Any advice would be great...! Really anything to ease my mind would be great and PLEASE save any negative remarks or comments, I do not care to see them.
you said HR had you sign a paper regarding drug testing...what did it say....did it say you would be drug tested at your DOT physical? From what I've heard...they don't drug test during the physical. However, perhaps it varies by region....or maybe it's new thing for seasonal hires in your area...which is a good idea. I guess you'll find out.

I think it may be a federal thing? I have been researching and I found this ...

"The DOT physical exam requirements do not include a drug test. You will still have to give a urine sample which is used for a kidney screen for potential medical conditions.

However, companies require a pre-employment drug test. So your company may request to have a drug screen done at the same time as you take your DOT physical. Not all medical examiner’s offices that conduct DOT physicals have a drug testing service"

- http://dotphysicaldoctor.com/faq/fmcsa-regulations/#drug-test

But as for what the paper said, I don't remember exactly. At the time my heart was racing and my thoughts going all over the place. I thought that she was going to give me a copy of what I signed.

abadjam

I don't get it,how people want to achieve something good in their life while doing drug.thats crazy.now if you don't get this job you can blame only yourself.grow up

Thanks :censored2:. Responses like yours are exactly why i said
PLEASE save any negative remarks or comments, I do not care to see them.

I take ownership for smoking. It was a bad decision as I could get drug tested. However, I was not hurting anybody and what I do in the privacy of my home doesn't deserve the sort of scrutiny and attitude that you are showing toward me. So please until you are perfect save your judgement.

upschuck

If you only want positive comments, then you won't get many responses. You made a bad decision, it cost you a possible career, learn from it.

MassWineGuy

Sounds like things are rolling along well for you. I agree with what Hondo said. Believe me, driving at peak is a very good way to learn if you like being a UPS driver. It's totally normal not to hear from UPS people in a timely manner.

Don't get your hopes up about permanent work. They'll tell you seasonals are where many of their permanent drivers come from, but that's not very accurate. It does happen, just not often. Still if you work your butt off and kill your route, who knows?

I apologize, but because my background is as a journalist and editor, I need to say that "push my paper work threw" should be "push my paper work through." Helping the world to speak better little by little, grain by grain.

upschuck

I apologize, but because my background is as a journalist and editor, I need to say that "push my paper work threw" should be "push my paper work through." Helping the world to speak better little by little, grain by grain.
And in my limited background, it should read: "Helping the world write better..." If someone was speaking, "through" equals "threw". :biggrin:

EastBrown N Down

I used to smoke a lot.. only hurts yourself. But on the bright side if you only smoked once in the past month or so.. it should be out of your system in a few days, 30 days is for heavy smokers.. so I'd just go in confident and with good vibes hoping for the best. Good luck..

PT Car Washer

I used to smoke a lot.. only hurts yourself. But on the bright side if you only smoked once in the past month or so.. it should be out of your system in a few days, 30 days is for heavy smokers.. so I'd just go in confident and with good vibes hoping for the best. Good luck..
Only hurts yourself if you live out in the boonies and have no contact with other people. Otherwise your wacko behavior and thinking does effect the people around you. You just don't realize it because you are too high all the time. Good riddance to all the pot heads at UPS or any job.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks :censored2:. Responses like yours are exactly why i said

I take ownership for smoking. It was a bad decision as I could get drug tested. However, I was not hurting anybody and what I do in the privacy of my home doesn't deserve the sort of scrutiny and attitude that you are showing toward me. So please until you are perfect save your judgement.
None of us are perfect but we're not trying to get hired...we already work here.
At this point...it is what it is. Go get the physical done, and if there is a drug test...so be it. Worse case scernario....you test dirty and don't get hired. Or you pass....and smarten the hell up in the future.

McGee

IF they do ANY kind of hair follicle test, forget about it... When I was a DOT regulated person( in a previous job), they did the follicle test because it was pretty reliable , best of luck to you.

EastBrown N Down

Wacko behavior? Like what eating a lot, watching movies, and playing video games.. really people alcohol and tobacco are FAR more dangerous drugs than pot.. to yourself, as well as the people around you. And I'd rather deal with a stoned person than an obnoxious drunk, but alcohol is legal so it's ok, right? SURE! Let's not "high" jack this thread... I could debate this topic all day. I have not smoked a puff of grass since I was told I was going to be a father, 10 years ago. Because I wanted to be the best man I could be for my family. Doesn't mean I was a psycho before, just that I was a bit less driven and focused..

Only hurts yourself if you live out in the boonies and have no contact with other people. Otherwise your wacko behavior and thinking does effect the people around you. You just don't realize it because you are too high all the time. Good riddance to all the pot heads at UPS or any job.

Talk about looney behavior, did you read what you posted? Looks to me like you have been watching some propaganda like reefer madness.

IF they do ANY kind of hair follicle test, forget about it... When I was a DOT regulated person( in a previous job), they did the follicle test because it was pretty reliable , best of luck to you.

You're 100% correct, if they did a hair follicle test, honestly smoking this weekend wouldn't have even mattered anyway I would still most likely fail because oh how far back it goes. But only doing it one time in months I may have a shot that it'll be out of my system especially if it is a mouth swab or urinalysis.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Isn't there something you can buy from the health food store that helps flush it faster? I've had friends who bought something there. Can't remember what it's called though.