Seasonal no start date

bidumb

Amazon flex or something until you get the call.
If you show out as a seasonal you "might" get a call to qualify as a 22.4 next year, and if you qualify you are guaranteed to be mid to upper middle-class once you become a top rate RPCD in 4 or 5 years.
Patience can be a virtue.
But just to clarify there is no guarantee of any actual work in this position? Because they lied in the phone interview they said it was Monday to Friday full time no mention of "on-call" or "as needed" basis.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
But just to clarify there is no guarantee of any actual work in this position? Because they lied in the phone interview they said it was Monday to Friday full time no mention of "on-call" or "as needed" basis.

If they had told you the truth would you have shown up?

AMC79

Amazon flex or something until you get the call.
If you show out as a seasonal you "might" get a call to qualify as a 22.4 next year, and if you qualify you are guaranteed to be mid to upper middle-class once you become a top rate RPCD in 4 or 5 years.
Patience can be a virtue.
What do you have to do to "qualify" for a 22.4 position?

bidumb

When I called back they said the same B.S. and then something like, "When we get people on the road we like to keep them on the road." What does this mean? They have no need to use me at all?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Already am! figure I'd be put 'do not rehire' or something.

Is there that much turnover?

I've got a bunch of other job applications - if it comes to it what do I tell UPS to leave on good terms since I haven't actually worked there at all?
When ups wants you they are going to want you right now not in 2 weeks
Do what you gotta do