Seasonal preloaders

HardknocksUPSer

Doesn't matter to me if you humbly accept the answers offered in this thread by experienced UPSers or not but just promise to come back and post on January 16 and again on March 16 as to your status with UPS.

I wish you luck.
Just out of curiosity what happens on march 15th that makes you think i would lose my job?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ohh okay, my question is, why would they get rid of me in march after they've invested time and money? That doesn't make sense..
They'd get rid of you next month....when volume dies and they Dont have work for you. The work goes to seniority preloaders...they may have you work sporadically based on attendance.

HardknocksUPSer

I think one of your first replies was two days in I realized nothing at ups makes sense.
Nothing does make sense there lol, and I was told I'll be working at the first of the year by both of the preload sups and center manager, this is the first year my center has ever used "seasonal" preloads, it's only a small center, 18,000 peices during a peak day is a bombshell there.

PT Car Washer

What is the PT turn over rate in your building? That will determine if you are still working next month. In my building turn over is huge. People just stick around until they can get their foot in the door at Mc Donalds.

HardknocksUPSer

What is the PT turn over rate in your building? That will determine if you are still working next month. In my building turn over is huge. People just stick around until they can get their foot in the door at Mc Donalds.
Preloader just got fired for stealing pills a couple weeks ago, they have already gone through every military aged male in the surrounding counties so I'd say my odds are decent, I'd like to make a career out of it one day.