Seasonal

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My son was seasonal package handler & was told friday before Christmas they wanted to hire him permanent "part time" and they would call him to let him know when he was to start back up. They even told him the hours he was to be working. He has not received a call yet. He has tried calling and no one answers. Do they usually wait this long after to start back up? He is really starting to get depressed since he thought he was going to be working.

How come your “son” can’t ask these questions himself?

to busy on the PS4 and smoking weed

The Driver

I drive.
On UPSers.com they state that in order to be considered for permanent hire you need to show up to your hub with a trunk full of 1-ply toilet paper and liquid soap. Just letting you know in case you didn't see the update.

sorry for trying to help my son out, this was his 1st job and I was just trying to find out some info for him. This is supposed to be a helpful site & the last 2 responses are just not helpful at all. Thanks for the other people that gave me some useful info.

PT Car Washer

sorry for trying to help my son out, this was his 1st job and I was just trying to find out some info for him. This is supposed to be a helpful site & the last 2 responses are just not helpful at all. Thanks for the other people that gave me some useful info.
Ignore the entitled millennial answers. UPS does not drug test their delivery drivers.

clean hairy

My son was seasonal package handler & was told friday before Christmas they wanted to hire him permanent "part time" and they would call him to let him know when he was to start back up. They even told him the hours he was to be working. He has not received a call yet. He has tried calling and no one answers. Do they usually wait this long after to start back up? He is really starting to get depressed since he thought he was going to be working.
Has he gone to hr and asked?

clean hairy

Use of real names is not permitted..

Elmo.goes.to.prom

Well Elmo that is what we thought but did not think it would be this long till they called him back since they did tell him they want him to keep working for the company. Was just concerned especially since he can not get anyone to even answer when he calls in.
It is the 1st working day of the new year.
Just wait. Be patient.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This is not a helpful site. No one can answer this for you. Each building is different. Some buildings don’t have enough people and some buildings have a wait list to get a job.

typically this time of year gets very slow. Even buildings that need people will still drag their feet on hiring because of low volume. When I first applied at ups it took 6 months to get a call to come in and interview.

Give it some time, they will call.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
sorry for trying to help my son out, this was his 1st job and I was just trying to find out some info for him.
Last time I checked, you are still required to be 18 years old to work here. I think it's about time you pulled him off the tit and had him do things for himself. You Robin Sullivan are an enabler and because of this, your son will have no clue how to do things for himself.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
They will not do anything until after the 15th of January at least. That is the last day (at least here) for seasonal. I am in the same boat and I am going to get hired, though they said it might be Feb/March as some of the other preloaders are going to drivers school. Here not many people quit UPS, even PT preloaders, so we have to wait for retirees, new routes, people going into driving, etc. Give it time...they probably are not going to hire him before the 15th at least. I am going by what I have been told by sups/current preloaders/drivers. Its good he is eager to work, but tell him to be patient.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Last time I checked, you are still required to be 18 years old to work here. I think it's about time you pulled him off the tit and had him do things for himself. You Robin Sullivan are an enabler and because of this, your son will have no clue how to do things for himself.
I’ll take the other tit

DOK

So if we have been on "stand by" since Christmas as package handlers and were considered seasonal, what are the chances that
we will be called back to work. A simple, Sorry we no longer need you, would be nice instead of us waiting.
Are you calling in daily to see if they need you that day? Around here that’s how it goes, if you hang in there long enough, sometimes not long at all, your turn will come around.