Seasonal

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I was just informed today that I got hired on as a permanent PT preloader. I hired in Oct 29 and was told I was seasonal, then the Union told me that since it was before Nov 1st, I was hired. I took both with a grain of salt. While loading this morning my supervisor (who was awesome with helping me get my foot in the door) cornered me in a PC today. She said "you're hired...I told you". She had been telling me for two months I would be kept on, but might not get called until March-April'ish. She said they normally wait until Jan 15th, let everyone go, then call people back as needed. She said they were able to bypass that and I am officially a UPS employee. I was told my time will count as well. I do not really care about seniority, but only for my 52 working days within a 90 day qualifying period ( I think that is how it is here). I am just here for the insurance and I know it will not kick in for a few more months, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Needless to say I almost had tears of joy. Having great insurance and then having it taken from you has been hard for the last 6-7 years. The hard work and determination paid off. Very thankful today. Hope all you guys who busted your butt get hired on.

Air Recovery

sorry for trying to help my son out, this was his 1st job and I was just trying to find out some info for him. This is supposed to be a helpful site & the last 2 responses are just not helpful at all. Thanks for the other people that gave me some useful info.

Do you still wipe his ass for him? If he needs daddy to get a job for him this is not the right place for him old man.

PT Car Washer

I was just informed today that I got hired on as a permanent PT preloader. I hired in Oct 29 and was told I was seasonal, then the Union told me that since it was before Nov 1st, I was hired. I took both with a grain of salt. While loading this morning my supervisor (who was awesome with helping me get my foot in the door) cornered me in a PC today. She said "you're hired...I told you". She had been telling me for two months I would be kept on, but might not get called until March-April'ish. She said they normally wait until Jan 15th, let everyone go, then call people back as needed. She said they were able to bypass that and I am officially a UPS employee. I was told my time will count as well. I do not really care about seniority, but only for my 52 working days within a 90 day qualifying period ( I think that is how it is here). I am just here for the insurance and I know it will not kick in for a few more months, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Needless to say I almost had tears of joy. Having great insurance and then having it taken from you has been hard for the last 6-7 years. The hard work and determination paid off. Very thankful today. Hope all you guys who busted your butt get hired on.
Now your sup is going to hold it over your head how she got you hired permanent.

ZeroHandicapper

Now your sup is going to hold it over your head how she got you hired permanent.
She is cool and she knows I am not going anywhere. I just want to preload and that is it. No interest in driving.
She did go to bat for me. For two months she texted me telling me she was trying to get me in the door, but they had to go through all the applications first, which I understand. I had never met her before my first day, just had a couple of drivers tell her that they needed to hire me. I feel blessed and will work hard for her. She did me a solid for sure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
She is cool and she knows I am not going anywhere. I just want to preload and that is it. No interest in driving.
She did go to bat for me. For two months she texted me telling me she was trying to get me in the door, but they had to go through all the applications first, which I understand. I had never met her before my first day, just had a couple of drivers tell her that they needed to hire me. I feel blessed and will work hard for her. She did me a solid for sure.

just curious how you live on 3.5 hours a day

PT Car Washer

You would be surprised at how all of that good will is forgotten with a production push from her FT sups and managers. Should be coming up in a few weeks when Peak is officially over. As a bottom seniority person most of the push will fall on your back.

ZeroHandicapper

just curious how you live on 3.5 hours a day
I am just here for the insurance. I have my own business since 2007 and have shipped with UPS since I started it (we are a daily RDR and pickup). We ship alot with UPS. I am fortunate to have already known all the drivers in our building as almost all of them have delivered to us at one point or another. This for sure helped me get my foot in the door. I have been without insurance since Obamacare went into effect and have paid the penalty. I am not getting any younger and had no clue about PPT and the benefits until about 6 months ago or I would have done this about 8 years ago. All my previous drivers on my route are now my enemies, except for my current driver who told me about this :) Again, very blessed to have this opportunity as I know what kind of insurance it is. I had GM insurance at one time and this is every bit as good as that.

ZeroHandicapper

You would be surprised at how all of that good will is forgotten with a production push from her FT sups and managers. Should be coming up in a few weeks when Peak is officially over. As a bottom seniority person most of the push will fall on your back.
PTCW...I have no doubt that happens and will happen. All I can do is just load trucks and do what I am asked, to the best of my ability. I had my eye on the prize and it paid off. I will say loading during peak was a breeze, as I have now been loading 3 trucks, but I like it better because you are always moving and it makes the morning go faster.