Second official day of peak

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Our start was pushed back to 9 am. We left the building at 9:45. Pre load started at 2:45. 1st load came in at 4:30. Cant make money if this keeps up. Well ---- I can anyways :-).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We passed last peak two weeks ago. Drivers were complaining we weren't wrapped this morning and preload needs to start earlier. Sup said when trailers don't show up til 2:30 not much we can do.

He's right. With two unload doors and 1 belt in the center there is just not much more we can do. Already have 1 loader for every 2 trucks. We need the work at the building earlier or more capacity. Those are the only two things that could help.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We passed last peak two weeks ago. Drivers were complaining we weren't wrapped this morning and preload needs to start earlier. Sup said when trailers don't show up til 2:30 not much we can do.

He's right. With two unload doors and 1 belt in the center there is just not much more we can do. Already have 1 loader for every 2 trucks. We need the work at the building earlier or more capacity. Those are the only two things that could help.
Woooow.....tiny center. But it's true...we were waiting on ground loads till 8am...I didnt punch out till 930.

Kis124

We have 10 unload bays, and have added a new building to handle our volume. No room to walk thru building for all the isle cars/uhaul trucks. I did my share of sitting on my belt, going over to help small sort waiting for trailers or for them to get our pick off belt un-jammed. In at midnight, out at 8:30...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe feeders need to cut out a few Twinkie breaks this peak.
images-5.jpeg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I would say the #1 reason feeders pulls late is because the origin hub holds them on the door. It sometimes depends on whether the hub manager or the feeder manager wins the pissing contest if we pull on time or not. The mandatory 30 minute break that feeders is required to take now doesn't help either. Years past, we could drive straight through. What goes around comes around.

MoarTape

There was a sign by one of the outbound belts today. Said something to the effect of "For the first time in history, NewPA will process overs 1,000,000 packages today". Pretty sure they did about 1.2 million last year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving..

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
8:40 start. Preload was a no-wrap. Left building at 9:55. On area at 10:20, got off 15 NDA pieces, the other 20 were late.

Fortunately the helper I had knows how to use the board. Real blessing there. Second one back in our center at 1945.