Section 6. building heat - question

watdaflock?

50793859_2270362586570391_7500122409127641088_n.jpg

Is this heat rule only for office clerical workers, or everyone (preloaders, sorters) inside?

F

Frankie's Friend

You should have noticed and highlighted the words "where practical".

It gives no set room temperature to maintain.

What is "practical" when overhead doors constantly open?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
It's a uphil but not impossible battle trying to get heat installed. A few years back we finally got them to install heaters over the automotive shop, but we had to convince them that we are not moving constantly like sorters and we spend a lot of time under the trucks on the floor where it is the coldest.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OSHA decided that our hub needed to be warmer. It is now at like 62 or higher.
That's nice. During the cold snap last month, the temp in our hub was around 35. I could easily see my breathe. and that was the middle of the bldg nowhere near inbound/outbound doors.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i had my shop steward, safety committee representative and the plant engineering supervisor all in close proximity to my work station all at the same time. kinda like the perfect storm. it was a particularly cold and windy day and when that rapid door opened, we all got blasted with a dose of what I've been dealing with for 5 years. short conversation and a couple handshakes later and lo and behold four weeks later i got my very own french fry lamp.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's nice. During the cold snap last month, the temp in our hub was around 35. I could easily see my breathe. and that was the middle of the bldg nowhere near inbound/outbound doors.
"Breathe"?

Hot air is easily seen...

and noted by your stewards?

You hate life?