Security Shoots Armed Man Outside NJ UPS

throwbackk

Exactly!! Been saying that all along. If michael brown would have put his hands uo he wouldn't be dead
Not true. Oscar grant was murdered while handcuffed by police. Just straight up shot him. Video is online if you wanna ha be a look. The notion that cops only kill people who ask for it is far from reality. Death shouldn't be the penalty for stealing or even hitting a cop. After all they are just C students without the means for a better job and the balls for military

Returntosender

The articles are pretty vague still. I have a bunch of questions:

Was he on the clock?
Was he in his personal vehicle or a security company vehicle/UPS company car?
Did the male party on foot approach him with the gun pointed at him, at his side or holstered?
Did the injured party get any shots off?
What made the guard open fire rather than removing himself from the area like security guards are trained to do? (Likely his years as a LEO). The articles state he opened fire and struck the man who was on foot several times.
As a former police officer I can tell you (I'm sure @scooby0048 would agree) that we are trained to "double tap" and shoot for center mass, but we're not supposed to advertise the double tap to outsiders--rather to just say we used the necessary force to "stop."
Metro in my city. 12rds in 30 seconds in center mass to qualify for firearm. certification. All 12 have to hit center mass.

J

jibbs

So I still don't get why he was shot. Is being armed a constitutional right or not?

Sure enough is... but that goes both ways, though, and when one armed person makes another armed person feel threatened, everybody involved has a problem.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
When I was in the Air Force and stationed in Texas we used to fly back to New York on People's Express, which was based in Newark. Needless to say we never left the terminal.
The first & last time my wife's grandparents drove to Florida for the winter, they got off track, in Newark!!!
Luckily, they got stopped by a policeman, who told them they can't be there. He guided them back on track.
After that, they only flew south for the winter.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Not true. Oscar grant was murdered while handcuffed by police. Just straight up shot him. Video is online if you wanna ha be a look. The notion that cops only kill people who ask for it is far from reality. Death shouldn't be the penalty for stealing or even hitting a cop. After all they are just C students without the means for a better job and the balls for military
Did someone get their panties in a wad after a strikingly more handsome uniformed man stole your girlfriend from you?

Or did you get caught by the police when you were stealing panties from your neighbor's line for your weekend wardrobe?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So if you went military and ended up driving a package car what grades did YOU get?

bbsam

Staff member
Sure enough is... but that goes both ways, though, and when one armed person makes another armed person feel threatened, everybody involved has a problem.
So what did the shot individual do to frighten the shooter?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
also, see the guy on the left? Hands up and cooperating, he's still alive. Guy on the right, cooperated when cuffed, still alive.

The officer was charged and convicted. Got 2.5 years. Average sentence in ca for the crime he was convicted of,3 years.

In the videos I saw grant wast handcuffed. Still didn't deserve to die but wasn't handcuffed. Please link to some proof he was handcuffed.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You're incorrect in your assumption of the police, but that's fine.

All cops are bad, and they walk around gunning down poor innocent black men. We should all protest and force cops to be polite and not use the power that they are given as part of their job.

Let's continue to repeat a chant that has 100% been proven false by multiple witnesses, where as the claim of the hands up was made by ONE witness who changed his story and was involved in a strong arm robbery. Seems smart to me!

Here's hoping that you never need the cops for anything, since they are so terrible, after all

watdaflock?

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. You must be wrong; it obviously would have to be one of the safest places in the country to work and live.
sarcasm_font.jpg

iruhnman630

. Death shouldn't be the penalty for stealing or even hitting a cop. After all they are just C students without the means for a better job and the balls for military
Police are put in situations where they have only a few seconds to make the 'death penalty' decision. I doubt any who have been forced to make that decision went into work that day eager to make it.

UPS4Life

we use off duty police officers and or retired police officers in high crime areas. We expect them to be armed.
I don't own any guns but I'm more than ok with this! I wouldn't be sad if all ups buildings were guarded and armed by the correct individuals! The last place I want to worry about getting robbed or shot should be at work.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't own any guns but I'm more than ok with this! I wouldn't be sad if all ups buildings were guarded and armed by the correct individuals! The last place I want to worry about getting robbed or shot should be at work.

Our center is in a semi-rural area. It is not uncommon to see deer, geese and turkeys in the field across the street. We have one main entry/exit door which is controlled with magnetic key cards. One side of the building uses an automatic overhead door for entry/exit while the other has to manually open their overhead doors. Security is an afterthought where I work.