Security Shoots Armed Man Outside NJ UPS

browner89

Not true. Oscar grant was murdered while handcuffed by police. Just straight up shot him. Video is online if you wanna ha be a look. The notion that cops only kill people who ask for it is far from reality. Death shouldn't be the penalty for stealing or even hitting a cop. After all they are just C students without the means for a better job and the balls for military

Speaking as ex-military with several friends who are both military and police, being a cop scares me a whole lot more.

Military are generally sent into a situation knowing who the enemy is and have a directive.

Police are forced to react to a thousand unknowns in an instant with little to know prior knowledge. I'm pretty damn thankful for our police.

upssouth

Working in such a large building, I could never imagine working in such a small one like that. The current walk from car to my center must take around 10 minutes. How many drivers are there?

ikoi62

ahh yes Peoples express..$21 one way from Norfolk Va to Newark..i used to fly home each weekend when i was stationed in Va. if the flight was over booked..i would take stand by and fly for free..did that a lot.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Understand, the place is a hell hole. Shootings go on all the time. Eighty-nine killings this year so far. There was a few shootings in the past couple of days alone. The media (especially the Star Ledger) will slant everything the report in favor of the thugs that started the whole thing. Since the guard was a cop, they will do there best to frame things in a certain light.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Metro in my city. 12rds in 30 seconds in center mass to qualify for firearm. certification. All 12 have to hit center mass.
Last time I qualified at the PD they had a mandatory off-duty carry rule so I had to qualify with my off duty weapon as well. Got a perfect 100 on my duty weapon and 98 on my little 380 Sig Sauer off duty weapon.

ikoi62

So I still don't get why he was shot. Is being armed a constitutional right or not?
In NJ you don't have any constitutional rights. Can't carry open or concealed. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops just to get a permit . and then you better not use it to defend yourself or family.. If you shoot someone defending your home you better have a good lawyer. NJ rules say you have to flee your home not defend it. It's even hell if you want to transport the gun from your home to a gun range. Your not allowed to make any stops along the way.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

In my state if you apply to the Sheriffs office for a permit to carry, as long as there is nothing in your background to deny, the Sherriff has to issue you a permit. I have never felt the need to carry a gun.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
That is not possible.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country. You must be wrong; it obviously would have to be one of the safest places in the country to work and live.

Yeah right. The people who break these laws are the same ones that vote for the liberals that enact these laws.

Those of us that own firearms legally are made to jump through hoops to buy them.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you shoot someone defending your home you better have a good lawyer. NJ rules say you have to flee your home not defend it.

If you shoot someone in your home, just drag them out the back door, clean up the house and go about your business. That's all these thugs deserve

rod

Retired 22 years
The first & last time my wife's grandparents drove to Florida for the winter, they got off track, in Newark!!!
Luckily, they got stopped by a policeman, who told them they can't be there. He guided them back on track.
After that, they only flew south for the winter.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's funny! We still tease them about that trip.
Watched that movie last week, & Christmas Vacation, last night

I got myself into a similar situation in Flint Michigan one time when I tried to take a shortcut. Windows rolled up-doors locked- even ran a couple of red lights----I couldn't get out of there quick enough. It wasn't a very friendly city.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I got myself into a similar situation in Flint Michigan one time when I tried to take a shortcut. Windows rolled up-doors locked- even ran a couple of red lights----I couldn't get out of there quick enough. It wasn't a very friendly city.
Flint? It could've been worse.

oldngray

nowhere special
I got stuck in a bad part of Buffalo like that once. I had to exit the freeway to get gas when passing through and all of the nearby on ramps were closed for construction. I ending up taking the midnight scenic route through bad part of town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were coming back from Disney and we missed the exit to go around NYC, ending up in the Bronx. Some guy tried to charge us $5 to wash our windshield with a bucket of very dirty water. We ran that red light and several others before getting back on 87.

Overpaid Union Thug

You're incorrect in your assumption of the police, but that's fine.

All cops are bad, and they walk around gunning down poor innocent black men. We should all protest and force cops to be polite and not use the power that they are given as part of their job.

Let's continue to repeat a chant that has 100% been proven false by multiple witnesses, where as the claim of the hands up was made by ONE witness who changed his story and was involved in a strong arm robbery. Seems smart to me!

Here's hoping that you never need the cops for anything, since they are so terrible, after all
The fumes in the cave you've been living in must be some potent shiiiite man.

J

jibbs

So what did the shot individual do to frighten the shooter?

Approach with handguns visible and readily available enough to be considered armed from a distance, in a situation that otherwise doesn't call for the average individual to carry a handgun?

idk, seems like people are always ready to complain when security/law enforcement are reactive and don't nip crime in the bud, but when they're proactive people also cry foul. Lose-lose situation, I'm just glad nobody lost their life.