Security Shoots Armed Man Outside NJ UPS

bbsam

Staff member
Approach with handguns visible and readily available enough to be considered armed from a distance, in a situation that otherwise doesn't call for the average individual to carry a handgun?

idk, seems like people are always ready to complain when security/law enforcement are reactive and don't nip crime in the bud, but when they're proactive people also cry foul. Lose-lose situation, I'm just glad nobody lost their life.
I don't know. Got a lot of people clamoring for open carry too. I guess if you're "scary", it's open season on you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We were coming back from Disney and we missed the exit to go around NYC, ending up in the Bronx. Some guy tried to charge us $5 to wash our windshield with a bucket of very dirty water. We ran that red light and several others before getting back on 87.

You know, a similar thing happened to Bob Gaudio (albeit in Manhattan, NYC) in 1964. He wrote a song about it that became a #1 on the Billboard 100.

Any takers on the song?

Overpaid Union Thug

Which of my points do you disagree with? Also, what is a shiiiite? Is that a type of islam? Along with Sunni's?
Sorry man. It was mean for someone else. As you will soon see. And "shiiiite" is an alternative to the same word with only one "i". It is actually pronounced that way by English speakers in Western Europe.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not true. Oscar grant was murdered while handcuffed by police. Just straight up shot him. Video is online if you wanna ha be a look. The notion that cops only kill people who ask for it is far from reality. Death shouldn't be the penalty for stealing or even hitting a cop. After all they are just C students without the means for a better job and the balls for military
The fumes in the cave you've been living in must be some potent shiiiiite man!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't know. Got a lot of people clamoring for open carry too. I guess if you're "scary", it's open season on you.
According to the news story, two men got out of a pickup at 4:00 AM with guns and approached the guard, who shot and killed one of them.

According to the same story, the other man got back in the truck, left his friend behind, and drove away. It is not known whether he also got shot.

The fact that the other man chose to remain at large rather than calling the police or an ambulance for his partner tells me that these two guys weren't out at 4:00AM innocently exercising their Second Amendment right to open carry.

PT Car Washer

I got stuck in a bad part of Buffalo like that once. I had to exit the freeway to get gas when passing through and all of the nearby on ramps were closed for construction. I ending up taking the midnight scenic route through bad part of town.
Did the same thing in East St Louis. Before I knew what was happening we were crossing the river. Got to the other side and did a U turn west across the river.

bbsam

Staff member
According to the news story, two men got out of a pickup at 4:00 AM with guns and approached the guard, who shot and killed one of them.

According to the same story, the other man got back in the truck, left his friend behind, and drove away. It is not known whether he also got shot.

The fact that the other man chose to remain at large rather than calling the police or an ambulance for his partner tells me that these two guys weren't out at 4:00AM innocently exercising their Second Amendment right to open carry.
We have to wait for one to be dead to figure that out?

bbsam

Staff member
The minute these idiots approached another human with guns drawn, he figured out all he needed to before pulling the trigger.

But that's right, #blackpeoplearespecial
Their guns were drawn? Who was black? Are black people the only ones special enough to be scary, armed or not?

J

jibbs

So you're saying the security should've waited until the handgun was being used in the commission of a crime before he acted?

I'm sorry, I disagree. If you want to talk about it further, though, I'd prefer to take it to PM. Doesn't seem like everybody else here is up for this discussion and I already know how these kinds of topics end up when everybody decides to chime in with extremely heated opinions from the sideline.

J

jibbs

smiley-rolleyes008.gif

J

jibbs

So that's how you pictured the guys who got wet up, huh? That's funny, because in my mind it went more like

guns1n-13-web.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
So that's how you pictured the guys who got wet up, huh? That's funny, because in my mind it went more like

guns1n-13-web.jpg
Ah. But these look like their bsing used in the commission of a crime. You asserted that one should not have to wait for that.