see ya

hoser

Industrial Slob
after one year of service, i decided to quit. the amount of misery in showing up to the hub every night to stand in one space just wasn't worth the tuition reimbursement. i was hired by a major airline and started training this evening and i really see what people mean by "there's more in life than brown". my peers in training, the working environment, the supervisors are miles ahead of what i had to deal with at brown. they did pay my tuition, but i'll take the free flights instead. although it will suck working christmas day, holidays, weekends, and varying shifts rather than "monday to friday, xxxxhrs-xxxxhrs", the flights and working environment make it all worth while.

it was fun posting on here and i wish you all the best in your careers. to any pt upsers in school or just looking for casual work, unless you're in Flint, MI, there's a lot more out there. especially with an airline or something.

take care, and thanks for the good times!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
good luck, I really doubt this job will ever be able to keep good qualified people around. This company does not treat its employees with respect, its a constant battle for the most trivial of things. Its sad that such a large fortune 500 global company has to treat their employees like dirt. Absolutely pathetic.

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
Good luck. More power to you. Glad to see someone is not stuck at UPS. I have to many years here to start all over, I've crossed over the top of the hill and am on my way down. However many times I wish I would have gotten off the UPS bus long ago. Hope you accomplish all you set out to do at your new line of work.

upsdude

after one year of service, i decided to quit. the amount of misery in showing up to the hub every night to stand in one space just wasn't worth the tuition reimbursement. i was hired by a major airline and started training this evening and i really see what people mean by "there's more in life than brown". my peers in training, the working environment, the supervisors are miles ahead of what i had to deal with at brown. they did pay my tuition, but i'll take the free flights instead. although it will suck working christmas day, holidays, weekends, and varying shifts rather than "monday to friday, xxxxhrs-xxxxhrs", the flights and working environment make it all worth while.

it was fun posting on here and i wish you all the best in your careers. to any pt upsers in school or just looking for casual work, unless you're in Flint, MI, there's a lot more out there. especially with an airline or something.

Good luck to you!

No need to leave Brown Cafe though, keep us updated!

diadlover

Later, dude! You were definitely one of the "better" members on this site and I hate to see you go! Good luck, bro!

p.s. would you mind emailing Cheryl and transferring your rep over to me?

dillweed

Oh, Congratulations hoser! It sounds as if you'll have an exciting and rewarding career ahead of you.

A year at UPS told you all you needed to know, didn't it? Never changes.

Will miss you and your sensible posts. Take good care and fly free!

hoser

Industrial Slob
Yeah, keep posting and tell us what life after brown is like. What exactely will you be doing? Good luck and good move!!
Working for Air Canada as a baggage handler. The shifts will suck but I spend all my tuition reimbursement on travel, so this is a good fit. Tuition in Canada is cheap anyways. Thanks for all your well wishes.

Sammie

after one year of service, i decided to quit.

i'll take the free flights instead.

the flights and working environment make it all worth while.

Hoser,

One of my UPS manager's wife worked as a ticket agent for an airline for many years until they decided to have kids. With her flight benefits, they often flew standby and ended up in some very interesting places. Stupid me, I thought Transylvania was only in the movies, but they really went there and saw the medieval castle where Dracula lived. And before the Middle East exploded, they traveled to a Middle Eastern country where his wife came close to being kidnapped. She was warned but didn't cover up her long, blonde hair and a group of Arab men tried to
snarf her up.

All the best and good luck with the new job. And keep in mind, some on this forum are no longer with Big Brown, and we just might enjoy hearing about your upcoming trips! Cheers!!! :clap:

disneyworld

I'm not far behind you-give me a couple more years.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
after one year of service, i decided to quit.

I'm right behind you on leaving UPS, Hoser. One Of my full-time supes refused to let me quit because of a school scheduling conflict but his counterpart is a snap away from losing my respect and trust. There really IS life out there after Brown. I'm waiting for the right opportunity, though. -Rocky

-GOOD LUCK, dude!!
UPS is not for everyone... depends on what u set your mind to. Originally i was looking for a p/t. position eventually i got a friend/t. @ UPS. have used UPS to pay for my education.. and have landed a job with UPS that i am glad to be in.

UPS has the most devoted, hard working people i ever seen... too bad the managment abuse them and those wicket one liners they have for excuse..... just wished they didnt have this attitude..

Something should be done about this issue of sup/manager abuse... i dont know what... its a human quality... they usually loose it... for some reason when the become a sup.

Keep posting... would like to know ... whats out there.... lol.
But wont leave UPS, i have put some hard times here.. and have earned the respect..........

good luck there!! and SHIP UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hoser, Good luck at your new job. UPS is not the best place to work for everyone, I'm glad that you decided to get out. This company isn't the same as it was back when I started, which is a shame. My delivery area is full of Delta, Northwest, and AirTran employees, they do alright. Whenever I fly, it is on a Delta employee's "Buddy Pass", which is standby. We went to Hawaii for the third time last month, only had to pay $190 apiece for a $2400 list ticket! The flight benefits are great, you will get to see places most of us only dream about. Good luck to you, I hope you will still drop by sometimes.:thumbup1:

DS

Fenderbender
Yea hoser,just because you aint a upser,doesn't mean we don't need your insight.I need your Canuck support.Keep us posted on your new job.

area43

Dude!!! Hose, what about the trailor park boyzzzzzzz. LOL It appears that a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I enjoyed your cutting edge posts. I believe you have a lot going for you. Don't waste it being a baggage handler. I'm sure you won't. Hey is the company unionized? If not the Teamsters could be their ticket. Great pension plan. Just think, President Hoser Hoffa of local 666(made local up,LOL) of Canada arilines. Remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side,but turning over a new leaf and rolling it, sure can be relaxing. Give me your email and I'll send you a UPS calender. Just so you can reflect on all the great memories at UPS. Hey and by the way you should have grabbed you a bunch of UPS pens, dr bags, cans of polish(brown), stylus's, cod envelopes(for letters writing home), and whatever else you could get your hands on.

In closing, all jokes aside. Hoser I will trully miss you. No Joke. Your one of the few members that have stuck out in my mind. Curious, I wonder what your brother Trick will do without you. LOL Take care and may God bless you in all that you do. Area 43 out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why would anybody want to take the stylus's? Take the tape guns and 2 inch tape. Tape always come in handy. :)