Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

Steamer

So new hires go immediately $21 an hour, an existing employees at $16.20, too? Meaning a jump of $4.80 increased. Seniority Employees get $2.75, it's that equality? Union focused on new hires, and with the possibility of those join the union to get a profit of it. This is not a clear contract, 7.50 an hour increment to the length of the contract. So new hires get what, all those existing employees with 16.20 an hour get what after the first year, they will bump to 21, already. They received bonuses for the last two years on pick season, seniority Part Timers people None! It's this equality?

We Seniority Part Timers Employees, feeling like we working for free all this years, no respect. We skilled employees, getting underpaid, and new hires stepping out unskilled. That's so disrespectful.

This is an insult to our intelligence. There's no Win, Win, Win, Carol!!

This tentative contract sucks again, no equality, only greed, manipulation, and publicity.

I saw unloaders almost passing out on the hub, little fans on their doors, what happens with retirees in this contract? Something is not right. We can't vote Yes, to this crappy contract.
Look at the bright side. You still have your job. And get a nice raise. Enjoy it. Or you could cry sour grapes and sulk.

Bag_Tosser

My god you guys are complainers. This contract looks solid
All I need to know is how the raise is applied for PT in seniority.
Currently I'm at 17.85.
I WANT to read it as: $21 base + $2.75 general + $1.50.
What I think it's actually saying is: $21 + $1.50 since the $21 rate would be slightly more than what my rate would be with the general raise.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Currently I'm at 17.85.
What I think it's actually saying is: $21 + $1.50 since the $21 rate would be slightly more than what my rate would be with the general raise.
The way I read it you would be bumped up to $21 only.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Currently I'm at 17.85.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out as well

Trash Panda

Pretty sure there will be a zoom call clarifying the bulletpoints. They are only pushing it out to put people at ease and in typical fashion the internets want to draw blood and go with drama.

reginald95

What does a 25 year veteran ft driver make versus one who just finished their 4 year progression? That difference may be comparable to what we see now with 10-15 year veterans now making just $1.50 to $5 more than new hires. They’re catering to the new hires for retention sake it seems. Instead of a four year progression to top rate, the bonus is all front loaded. Buyer beware.

I don’t care what a new 4 year progression driver has when I have 15 years on them seniority wise. I’ll always have better vacations, random days off and pick of the routes than a newer guy.

HarryWarden

No one can read it any way as the language hasn't been released yet. You'll know when it comes out, that guy's a dip:censored2:.

Wage Increases: All current UPS Teamsters, both full-time and part-time, will get $7.50 in raises over the life of the contract, including $2.75 on August 1.

Current part-timers: All current part-timers will be paid at least $21 an hour immediately—and make a minimum of $25.75 by the end of the contract.”

vvv

Well you won't have to file a 9-5 grievance anymore, pay will be automatic. Tough guy Sean fixed that mess, right,?
That system is an absolute joke and seems like it will continue to be. Not being paid for that violation automatically is simply saying you are "guilty til proven innocent" needing to file grievances.

mancini

long term part time by choice is a crazy life choice. All of us top scale drivers make the same wage. I don't care if you work part time for 20 years and new guys makes close or same as you do, that was your decision

Last edited:

Bag_Tosser

Wage Increases: All current UPS Teamsters, both full-time and part-time, will get $7.50 in raises over the life of the contract, including $2.75 on August 1.

Current part-timers: All current part-timers will be paid at least $21 an hour immediately—and make a minimum of $25.75 by the end of the contract.”

That's a lot more clear.