Sent home for socks

I understand this is an appearance guideline issue.

The other day I got talked to about not having UPS socks on, and then 15 minutes later pulled from my route just after my start time. 10% of the work force doesn't wear the socks.

Do I atleast have a harassment grievance? Will I just not get paid for that day?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Have your buddy who wants a day off show up without socks. If they DON'T get the day off, you have a valid harassment grievance until they autocrat-up and make everybody wear them lol.

Nah

The other day I got talked to about not having UPS socks on, and then 15 minutes later pulled from my route just after my start time. 10% of the work force doesn't wear the socks.

Do I atleast have a harassment grievance? Will I just not get paid for that day?

Since it was after your start time, you could at least try filing for your guarantee.

oldngray

nowhere special
It will be cold enough for long pants soon (if not already). Socks cease to be an issue.

You are never required to wear shorts anyway.

CHEMA-DELMA

I remember when the shorts first came out, the Labor manager was at the guard shack making sure you did not cut the pants and make them into shorts, I laughed out loud at that one. If you did you were first written up then sent home to change

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

grieve for the show up pay

Ghost in the Darkness

Tell the steward and note other drivers not wearing them (don't name names just give a number)... then ask why you are being singled out? Harassment grievance to follow.

Btw, just wear the socks if you wear shorts. Best way to avoid issues is stay off the radar in the building, & do what you want on the road.

quad decade guy

Tell the steward and note other drivers not wearing them (don't name names just give a number)... then ask why you are being singled out? Harassment grievance to follow.

Btw, just wear the socks if you wear shorts. Best way to avoid issues is stay off the radar in the building, & do what you want on the road.
I'm curious, why add all the harassment stuff? He's completely wrong. Btw, how do you know the other drivers haven't been addressed?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I remember when the shorts first came out, the Labor manager was at the guard shack making sure you did not cut the pants and make them into shorts, I laughed out loud at that one. If you did you were first written up then sent home to change
We had a few guys who cut the pants , they were threatened to pay for the pants

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Wear pants. Problem solve.

Why is there such an issue with millennials and younger followings rules?