Several questions from a Newbie

brownsoccer

1) how can you tell how many stops are on your route when you get Edd in the morning?

2) a driver told me about a shortcut today for deliver, front door. It was something like orange button,5, 7? I forgot.

3) so I have to punch into the diad every day when I take a lunch? I've just been taking like a 10 min break to eat quick. Any tips on handling this to maximize pay?

4) is there any possible way to start at top rate as a driver or is the only way possible to work as a driver full time for 4 years?

5) I had a couple more but forgot. Will post when it comes to me.

Thanks guys

El Correcto

god is dead
1 computer monitor in front of your centers or ask for a print out.
2 deliver soft key (bottom right corner) on the screen, 7, stop complete check.
3 take your full lunch break..
4 tcd first gain seniority then go full time. Should be circled at 29.14 an hour until you progress to top pay.
5 K.

brownsoccer

Why take full lunch break? What is tcd?
1 computer monitor in front of your centers or ask for a print out.
2 deliver soft key (bottom right corner) on the screen, 7, stop complete check.
3 take your full lunch break..
4 tcd first gain seniority then go full time. Should be circled at 29.14 an hour until you progress to top pay.
5 K.
hy

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Because, especially while you're learning, you're only going to end up donating your time if you skip lunch and or breaks.

Plus, in most areas, you'll want to maximize your work hours for retirement contributions and healthcare each day you work.

TCD is a cover driver. Anyone topping out in that position will not have to go through a second pay progression, starting below the TCD wage, as a full time driver.

Grey

Those ORION screen counts aren't always accurate. Today it said I had 115/320 and ended up with 133/360. I knew it was wrong when I had to climb over the bulk to reach the cockpit.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Those ORION screen counts aren't always accurate. Today it said I had 115/320 and ended up with 133/360. I knew it was wrong when I had to climb over the bulk to reach the cockpit.
When I look at the Orion computer after PCM it's almost always right on the $$$. Some people get to work too early.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The only difference in my Orion count and my real count is that Orion doesn't count for separate apartments so in stead of Orion telling me I have 5 packages for 1 stop, instead I have 1 package for 5 separate stops at one address. Maybe that is your difference @Grey

optikz

The only difference in my Orion count and my real count is that Orion doesn't count for separate apartments so in stead of Orion telling me I have 5 packages for 1 stop, instead I have 1 package for 5 separate stops at one address. Maybe that is your difference @Grey
Yup. I got a lot of apartments and trailer parks and orion counts them as one stop when it's literally an additional 15-20 stops every day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yup. I got a lot of apartments and trailer parks and orion counts them as one stop when it's literally an additional 15-20 stops every day.

Are the trailer parks identified by site/lot number?

Ours have regular street addresses.

There is no way for the current version of EDD/Orion to break down an apt complex by individual apt numbers.

optikz

Are the trailer parks identified by site/lot number?

Ours have regular street addresses.

There is no way for the current version of EDD/Orion to break down an apt complex by individual apt numbers.

The 4 on my route are lot numbers with one main address. Each one has anywhere from 80-150 trailers. Some with speed bumps every 10 feet lol. Very time consuming. The apartments are not that bad, until they get treadmills and heavy furniture on the 3rd floor....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do you get away with working on personal time during lunch. Any diad activity would generate a report?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
1) how can you tell how many stops are on your route when you get Edd in the morning?

2) a driver told me about a shortcut today for deliver, front door. It was something like orange button,5, 7? I forgot.

3) so I have to punch into the diad every day when I take a lunch? I've just been taking like a 10 min break to eat quick. Any tips on handling this to maximize pay?

4) is there any possible way to start at top rate as a driver or is the only way possible to work as a driver full time for 4 years?

Thanks guys

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
LMFAO @ SKIPPING OVER A (LMFAO) 4 YEAR PROGRESSION (LMFAO) AND GETTING (LMFAO) TOP RATE RIGHT OFF (LMFAO) THE BAT!!!!! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Thanks guys
How about asking these questions to your supervisor or driver right next to you.