Sexual Harassment- On topic

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This reminds me of ...ass.grass or gas...nobody rides for free...seriously. How old are you before you dont accept gifts from bosses..as a female...buy your own darn leggings
And yes you could probably make a suit out of it. But I would be embarrassed..
And no I didnt read the whole thread..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Need a ride?

I have a full tank and I don't smoke weed.....
Just sayin..harrasment is alive..but if i had ...had a college age daughter...i would hope she would know how to handle herself..and in college orientation you get schooled on it. At least 3 decades ago we did..im sure its worse now in theses colleges where men are the enemy. .if a boss comments on your butt..you immediately go to someone and tell them.. A co worker..then management...he won by letting it go...for years! Wth..you want to protect other girls? Should have stayed and fought and won! Instead of meeting some sleezeball in some parking lot..hope you learned something..like he could have abducted you and done more than give you leggings. Good Lord

Last edited:
Just sayin..harrasment is alive..but if i had ...had a college age daughter...i would hope she would know how to handle herself..and in college orientation you get schooled on it. At least 3 decades ago we did..im sure its worse now in theses colleges where men are the enemy. .if a boss comments on your butt..you immediately go to someone and tell them.. A co worker..then management...he won by letting it go...for years! Wth..you want to protect other gitls? Should have stayed and fought and won! Instead of meeting some sleezeball in some parking lot..hope you learned something..like he could have abducted you and done more than give you leggings. Good Lord
Like I told my girls ,men are pigs. Sometimes it's just harmless and other times it's real creepos

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Me and this one other driver would often greet each other by grabbing the other's ass when not expected. One of the reasons I prefer working with men.
I prefer working with men too...i learned who I was safer with years ago. Women can be horrible to work with..not all but on a % i think so

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why even go meet him to begin with? Just putting yourself in a worse situation imo. He was wrong how he approached you that I agree but I don’t get how people cannot just say look I am not interested then and there instead of texting him etc then 2 years later want to do something about it. I have a little daughter and I would be pissed if something like this happened but I will damn make sure she has the guts to stand up for herself too bc these days it’s too much when people wait 2-10yrs etc then want to bring up and issue. I am from a different country so when we didn’t like something we would tell the person that right away, this country used to be the same now everyone is too damn scared of being politically correct or hurt peoples feelings. If you don’t want someone talking to you say “leave me alone” it’s pretty simple imo. Anyway hope you get the answers you’re looking for.
For years I've seen supes use their positions to influence private, over the line, unprofessional, and just plain stupid situations with newer employees because they are vulnerable upon hiring in to this massive and "prestigious" job. Some desperately need the money for college. That's why they put up with suggestive advances from a supervisor who is representing this company that purports a "no tolerance" harassment (of any or even perceived kind) policy and wields that sword freely with hourly but exempts their own trained management.

You come into this company as an employee with a mindset much differently than when you leave.

We need to have a bit more compassion responding to another degraded victim who only came to pay (college) bills with money ...... not underwear.

The management often knows about habitual abuses and turns their heads.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I prefer working with men too...i learned who I was safer with years ago. Women van be horrible to work with..not all but on a % i think so
You come out of this job with a different mindset than you enter it.
Not everyone has the same emotional make up and those who are the most compliant and respectful get used and abused here. You're not the same person as you were the first few months when the control was overwhelming.

UPSER1987

Not everyone has the same emotional make up and those who are the most compliant and respectful get used and abused here. You're not the same person as you were the first few months when the control was overwhelming.

And you always have the freedom of choice and quit. Some people always want to blames someone else for their frailties.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@Vmollinedo ,
You worked at ups for a brief part of your life. You evidently werent used to or haven't been subjected to coercion from a superior as over the top as you got from one of the control freaks we work for.
For that I apologize. It's part of life today that seemingly is more prevalent than ever.

The union does not support this harassment. The company moves management people around instead of terminating their employment from what we've experienced.

Either send a letter to corp hr in Atlanta and/or burn the clothes if they dont want to see them because the memory will always upset you.

If you have children you can educate them about the wolves in supervision when they get of age. The subject is true in all aspects of life as well.

Dont expect much help on here. People endure worse issues daily and it makes you hard so I would suggest for you to send the signed letter and if they dont need any evidence or more details about the situation just burn the clothes and close the door. At least, with sending the letter you may get some closure which you dont have now.

There are still a lot of good people in the world around you. Leave the dead to bury the dead and be glad you didnt stay.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
So?

First, She should not have bought clothing from a fellow employee. Are leggings that expensive that you have to buy them on the down low? UPS is a workplace, not a clothing store. Second, if she thought it was shady when it happened, she should have not bought the leggings and reported it AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME- NOT TWO YEARS LATER. Sounds like someone looking for a sugar daddy didn’t pan out and now looking for a money grab.

Don’t blame UPS. You can’t teach stupid- and she’s stupid.
Nah she's not stupid. A little too trusting but so are 95% of the people hired into this job.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
And you always have the freedom of choice and quit. Some people always want to blames someone else for their frailties.
She did quit and the unwanted advances were the reason for it since she was afraid of him coming back to her work area.

Please try to read before you post.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
For years I've seen supes use their positions to influence private, over the line, unprofessional, and just plain stupid situations with newer employees because they are vulnerable upon hiring in to this massive and "prestigious" job. Some desperately need the money for college. That's why they put up with suggestive advances from a supervisor who is representing this company that purports a "no tolerance" harassment (of any or even perceived kind) policy and wields that sword freely with hourly but exempts their own trained management.

You come into this company as an employee with a mindset much differently than when you leave.

We need to have a bit more compassion responding to another degraded victim who only came to pay (college) bills with money ...... not underwear.

The management often knows about habitual abuses and turns their heads.

Don't you think you are being overly dramatic?

Look. Guy was a creep.
But you're trying to blame UPS for this. And it sounds like they had nothing to do with it.

If the girl never came forward about anything, how are they supposed to know what their supervisor does off the clock?

I can literally hear violin music when I read that passage.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I will check myself out after I have been here a month or two.

Hot Carl

We had a center manager fired for sexual harassment several months ago. Had been with the company a long time, but when multiple female supes all came forward with similar stories, he was gone in the blink of an eye. Dude was an effective manager, but they were quick to get rid of him once that came out.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Don't you think you are being overly dramatic?

Look. Guy was a creep.
But you're trying to blame UPS for this. And it sounds like they had nothing to do with it.

If the girl never came forward about anything, how are they supposed to know what their supervisor does off the clock?

I can literally hear violin music when I read that passage.
Typical.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a center manager fired for sexual harassment several months ago. Had been with the company a long time, but when multiple female supes all came forward with similar stories, he was gone in the blink of an eye. Dude was an effective manager, but they were quick to get rid of him once that came out.
The old "Catholic Priest shuffle" ---just moved him elsewhere.

Thoroughbred Teamster

As a steward, this is a touchy subject to speak on in regards to experience but let me just say the company either has their hands tied legally or just doesn't care. My guess is both. The case has to be strong though to see even the most miniscule of progress.

35years

Gravy route
Should the supervisor be fired...Yes.
He gave her and told her to wear the underwear.

They had not been dating prior to this. He was in a position of power over the subordinate. He did this on company property.

Now UPS did not respond to his inappropriate behavior because she, until now, has not voiced her concerns.

She should not be blamed for feeling intimidated, and not saying anything.

To the OP... It is good you have found the courage to speak up. I hope you can find healing about this.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Should the supervisor be fired...Yes.
He gave her and told her to wear the underwear.

They had not been dating prior to this. He was in a position of power over the subordinate. He did this on company property.

Now UPS did not respond to his inappropriate behavior because she, until now, has not voiced her concerns.

She should not be blamed for feeling intimidated, and not saying anything.

To the OP... It is good you have found the courage to speak up. I hope you can find healing about this.

You have to be able to prove he knew his advances were unwanted. The OP never said that she told him as much. She also never stated that he threatened her with discipline for not going along, or to keep her silent. She also never said he offered her any special privileges for going along or to keep her silent.

She only kept silent because of the way she felt, and you have to be able to prove the supervisor knew how she felt, and used that against her somehow. She also never said the behavior continued after the parking lot meeting/follow up text. It could very well be that he got the message that she wasn't interested and ceased the behavior, even without her being direct with him. The way she felt after that was completely on her, and she did not give any information indicating that he knew she felt uncomfortable working with him after that, or that he continued to do anything that would reasonably be expected to make her feel that way.

We may all agree that he should not have done what he did, but that doesn't make it harassment, or mean that he should have been fired for it.