SFA next week

Oldfart

Why not? If I'm unhappy and I want them to know it, why not show it?
Why penalize your manager on questions about your director or above? It isn't his fault you don't feel like you are paid enough or you don't like your benefits. Kind of like your manager giving you a review based on what your coworker did, back when we got reviews.

!Retired!

Why penalize your manager on questions about your director or above? It isn't his fault you don't feel like you are paid enough or you don't like your benefits. Kind of like your manager giving you a review based on what your coworker did, back when we got reviews.
Dano is saying if you're not happy with your manager, you score him/her accordingly.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The worse the score, the greater chance your concerns will be addressed.

59 Dano

Show it by rating the questions directed above your manager. Why kick the dog that brought the quail back when the others ran away when the shot went off?

If the idea is to show great discontent, that's the way to show it. Giving your manager a good score while skewering the higher-ups sends a message that your manager takes credit for anything good and blames anything bad on upper management.

Oldfart

If the idea is to show great discontent, that's the way to show it. Giving your manager a good score while skewering the higher-ups sends a message that your manager takes credit for anything good and blames anything bad on upper management.
So you are saying IT IS your managers fault if you feel like you are not paid fairly. IT IS your managers fault if you don't feel like the benefits fit your needs? Hmm Never thought of it that way. I always thought the first 10 are so were on your manager and when the questions mentioned UPPER management, and benefits and pay, your manager had no bearing in those questions. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So you are saying IT IS your managers fault if you feel like you are not paid fairly. IT IS your managers fault if you don't feel like the benefits fit your needs? Hmm Never thought of it that way. I always thought the first 10 are so were on your manager and when the questions mentioned UPPER management, and benefits and pay, your manager had no bearing in those questions. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
The new thought process up the line is that if we don't believe we are paid fairly or that our benefits lmeet our needs, etc, we must feel that way because our mgr didn't adequately explain (brainwash) them to us. Hence, why it affects their scores.....supposedly.

59 Dano

You can score them however you want. Makes no difference to me.

59 Dano

The new thought process up the line is that if we don't believe we are paid fairly or that our benefits lmeet our needs, etc, we must feel that way because our mgr didn't adequately explain (brainwash) them to us. Hence, why it affects their scores.....supposedly.

That's been the thought process for a long time. Some managers do a decent job at PR and others are terrible. None are expected to be great. The purpose of those questions is as much to identify the "Don't look at me, I'm not in charge of that" managers.

vantexan

It goes way beyond pay and benefits with some mgrs. Some will surround themselves with buddies or brownnosers and treat others like crap for no good reason. Knew a mgr in the hub who treated black co-workers like gold while being really nasty to all the whites(he was white). Turned out about 6 months before I was hired his black employees filed a discrimination claim against him. He had to go through sensitivity training. So he was careful only to vent towards whites from then on. Knew a mgr who had two swings work like crazy to make couriers look bad, then came down really hard on those couriers. Mgr who had sex with part-time CSA in supply closet, she got promoted to FT courier over two FT CSA's who wanted job, and nice older couple who cleaned station got fired after he saw them going at it in closet. Plenty of other stories. Seen some really good mgrs over the years but most of them weren't. And they deserve what they get if they're screwing employees, literally or figuratively.

Oldfart

It goes way beyond pay and benefits with some mgrs. Some will surround themselves with buddies or brownnosers and treat others like crap for no good reason. Knew a mgr in the hub who treated black co-workers like gold while being really nasty to all the whites(he was white). Turned out about 6 months before I was hired his black employees filed a discrimination claim against him. He had to go through sensitivity training. So he was careful only to vent towards whites from then on. Knew a mgr who had two swings work like crazy to make couriers look bad, then came down really hard on those couriers. Mgr who had sex with part-time CSA in supply closet, she got promoted to FT courier over two FT CSA's who wanted job, and nice older couple who cleaned station got fired after he saw them going at it in closet. Plenty of other stories. Seen some really good mgrs over the years but most of them weren't. And they deserve what they get if they're screwing employees, literally or figuratively.
Having sex in a supply closet is wrong? Guess I better look for a new place.