SFA next week

Oldfart

You are the one who's been at FedEx 30+ years and didn't know what the rla was. Just sayin...........
Guilty. Didn't associate the acronym to the name. Just isn't on my list of had to know items. Plus you shorted me 10 years.

Mercy, does UCLA have an inside game or what. Do you now what UCLA means?

Oldfart

You are the one who's been at FedEx 30+ years and didn't know what the rla was. Just sayin...........
I actually asked my workgroup the other day and very few knew what RLA meant and hardly anyone knew what it was. I guess its because our station doesn't consist of a bunch of whining miserable crybabies who obsess themselves with reason to complain and :censored2: all the time.

It will be fine

I actually asked my workgroup the other day and very few knew what RLA meant and hardly anyone knew what it was. I guess its because our station doesn't consist of a bunch of whining miserable crybabies who obsess themselves with reason to complain and :censored2: all the time.
That's a strange way of saying being educated about the labor laws that govern your employment, but whatever floats your boat.

Oldfart

That's a strange way of saying being educated about the labor laws that govern your employment, but whatever floats your boat.
We are a bunch of truck drivers. Plain and simple. Knowing about labor laws that govern you has no affect on my job. I am not gonna cry to my congressman if my manager makes me mad. I won't be calling a lawyer if I have to take an hour lunch instead of 30 minutes. You don't put in over 40 years somewhere without knowing who to call internally when you need something taken care of. Vantexan and bacha seem to know all about the RLA and they are 2 of the most miserable people on the face of the earth and have 1 horror story after another about how they were mistreated. What good did having the RLA memorized do them. Who on here has quoted the RLA to their manager to get a day off or to get their route changed?

Oldfart

Anyone watching the Kentucky game on TV? Have they shown Ashley Judd in the crowd. I have been looking for her but there are so many people here, haven't seen her.

vantexan

We are a bunch of truck drivers. Plain and simple. Knowing about labor laws that govern you has no affect on my job. I am not gonna cry to my congressman if my manager makes me mad. I won't be calling a lawyer if I have to take an hour lunch instead of 30 minutes. You don't put in over 40 years somewhere without knowing who to call internally when you need something taken care of. Vantexan and bacha seem to know all about the RLA and they are 2 of the most miserable people on the face of the earth and have 1 horror story after another about how they were mistreated. What good did having the RLA memorized do them. Who on here has quoted the RLA to their manager to get a day off or to get their route changed?
You can always tell when you've gotten under Oldfart's skin when he mentions you by name.

"Life isn't tried
It is merely survived
If you're standing
outside the fire."
Garth Brooks

Bet Oldfart stands a long way away from the fire and tells everyone they're bad people for standing too close.

Last edited:

Oldfart

You can always tell when you've gotten under Oldfart's skin when he mentions you by name.

"Life isn't tried
It is merely survived
If you're standing
outside the fire."
Garth Brooks

Bet Oldfart stands a long way away from the fire and tells everyone they're bad people for standing too close.

Na Just naming whinny asz people that know the RLA word for word that got nothing as a result.

How bout my Wildcats Taking care of business.

Oldfart

Some will win, some will lose, some are born to sing the blues.

That pretty well defines vantexan. Losing and singing the blues.

Just like the Bruins. My Cats are gonna do it. Party time.

vantexan

Some will win, some will lose, some are born to sing the blues.

That pretty well defines vantexan. Losing and singing the blues.

Just like the Bruins. My Cats are gonna do it. Party time.
And you're still working because you can't pull the trigger. Fraidy Cat.

Oldfart

And you're still working because you can't pull the trigger. Fraidy Cat.
Living the good life and making my last wad of money. Unlike you, I enjoy my job. Unlike me, you hate everything. Making plenty of $, having close to 7 weeks off when I schedule just right. On my last 16 months then plan on being a casual employee if the mood hits me. I can only fish and travel so much. The casual plan is sweet because you can make some mad money and still draw your pension.

Purplepackage

Living the good life and making my last wad of money. Unlike you, I enjoy my job. Unlike me, you hate everything. Making plenty of $, having close to 7 weeks off when I schedule just right. On my last 16 months then plan on being a casual employee if the mood hits me. I can only fish and travel so much. The casual plan is sweet because you can make some mad money and still draw your pension.

Pretty sure express got rid of casual employees years ago

Oldfart

Nope. We have several retired employees working now. You can work 70 or 80, can't remember right now, hrs a month at your hourly salary when you retired and still draw your pension. You decide when you want to be available and you can always say no.

dezguy

I can confirm this. Had a gal retire, planning on going casual and was informed casual status was not available anymore. She went pt and works the minimum each week.

To each their own but, when I retire, I'm retired. If I need something to do, I'll volunteer somewhere instead of taking work from people who could be working those hours.

Last edited:

Oldfart

I can confirm this. Had a guy retire, planning on going casual and was informed casual status was not available anymore. She went pt and works the minimum each week.

To each their own but, when I retire, I'm retired. If I need something to do, I'll volunteer somewhere instead of taking work from people who could be working those hours.
I can confirm you are incorrect as far as US operations.
Maybe the guy is a negative and they just didn't want him. It is indeed an option for US Operations.

Can you make a quick $2000 doing volunteer work? You work a few days and you can volunteer all you want. Nothing like having spare $ when you work on that bucket list. I splurged this week to go in with some friends to rent a VIP Suite in Memphis for the Sweet 16 basketball tournament. Cost an arm and a leg but it has been worth it.
Our people work during peak, and the busy days such as Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and the last few weeks when we had so many off for kids Spring Break. I know next week we have 4 couriers that have Jury Duty plus a full load of vacations. Casuals is a win win for everyone.

Last edited: