Share price

M

moreluck

traveler.....AND, it happened on a Friday!!!

UPS got 2 upgrades today and Fedex got downgraded. I hope that's a sign the 'darling' isn't so darling anymore. I think Fred-ex's comment about red tape in Europe was a "defeated man's" comment.

B

brett636

moreluck- I feel your pain. I was watching it starting to climb back up about 10 min. to 4, and noticed it just tanked right after that.

Stupid wall street people. Too much hype, not enough sense.

M

michael

Isn't it about time to declare the MIP ? Funny how the stock seems to go up right around this time each year.. hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

U

Unregistered

Down over 2 percent today.

Wonder whether this is related to the pilot announcement or just the general lousy day in the market.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Madman Cramer has always been in favor of Fedex......he's finally crossed over and said UPS is going to $100.00 !! He said he gives UPS the edge over FDX. I know he's a "nut", but I think he's right this time.

wkmac

moreluck said:
Madman Cramer has always been in favor of Fedex......he's finally crossed over and said UPS is going to $100.00 !! He said he gives UPS the edge over FDX. I know he's a "nut", but I think he's right this time.

No, you're hoping he is right this time! :) Me Too!

I've not looked at the stock price in weeks on purpose and the results were worth it but then again way to many variables out there that could push it the other way and that is why I think suggesting $100 per share is a little out there. Funny how as fuel prices have gone down our stock went up.

Moral of the Story: Factors beyond our control are controlling our stock price so don't always read a lot into it one way or the other.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In case you were wondering about the report days this year, they are:

Jan 26, 2006 4th Quarter 2005

April 20, 2006 1 Q. 2006

July 25, 2006 2 Q. 2006

Oct. 19, 2006 3 Q. 2006

All at 10:00 AM.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jan. 12, 2006 -- (Dow Jones/Paul Vigna) -- DJ MARKET TALK: United Parcel Service's (UPS) 4Q earnings will likely top Street views, says Morgan Stanley's James Valentine. Late last year, fuel prices came down, but UPS still billed customers with a fuel surcharge based on October's all-time high prices for gasoline and jet fuel. At the same time, the air shipping business rose, the analyst says. He boosts 4Q EPS estimate to $1.01 from 96c, above the mean Street estimate of 95c. The company reports earnings Jan. 26. Stock could move up on earnings news, Valentine says, but he doesn't see much additional upside, and maintains an equal-weight rating on the shares.

A

Anonymous Coward

August 28, 2007 - 100 years UPS - $ 100 share price at $ 100 borrowed in 1907