Share price

retired dude

Hi , I'm new to the board. I,m retired. I was a operations mgr, emplyee relations mgr,labor mgr,benifits mgr,and also taught ups workshops including trust and teamwork. I'm looking forward to all positive and negative conservation.

Last edited:

trickpony1

....so why aren't you sitting on the beach in some exotic country spending the millions upon millions of dollars in stock instead of on this board?

moreluck

golden ticket member
nice talk, trick.....you are more than welcome here retired one. There's lots to be learned from every age and every level of employment and the common thread is UPS.
:)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Looks like Iran is moving all it's money out of Europe and out of the reach of U.N. sanctions. It's definitly having an effect on the stock market and oil prices. All my stocks are in the red right now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jim Cramer's take on UPS....

"UPS - Talk about flat line. ... It's not getting any better until they solve the labor problems." But Cramer said he's "not getting rid of it because it's too darn cheap."

tieguy

Banned
Welcome dude , always good to have another representative of the evil empire to help me dodge some bullets. :lol:

Over 9 trust and teamwork was a great experiment that unfortunately got derailed with the 97 strike. Probably the best UPS workshop I ever went to.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Motley Fool
Foolish Forecast: UPS Rolling In
Wednesday January 25, 11:24 am ET
By Rich Smith (TMFDitty)
Look out the window. Clap and jump for joy. UPS has arrived, and Brown has a big ol' passel of earnings news ready to drop at your doorstep on the morrow.
Wall Street Wisdom:
  • General consensus. Like a pack of stray dogs chasing and yelping after one of its eponymous brown trucks, 18 analysts follow UPS -- and there isn't a bear in the bunch. Every one of them calls the company either a buy or, at worst, a hold.
  • Revenues. Analysts think that UPS had a mighty fine fourth quarter last year and are positing 17% growth in revenues to $11.56 billion.
  • Earnings. They think profits will be even sweeter, with the consensus centering on 25% earnings growth to $0.95 per share.

sendagain

I just saw the stock trading down over 2% in after hours trading. I hope there isn't going to be some bad news in the morning.

tuknick

Just remember they are called ANALyst's for a reason. I am looking at the increase in revenue and thinking "dividend increase?"
Keep smiling

The day traders make a knee jerk reaction on the day earnings are announced. The real traders and mutual funds will examine and study the next several days and then make their move. I predict that the price will go slowly over the next several weeks.

michael

Chicago area
I just don't get it, good earnings report, the market goes up almost 100 points FedX is up about $1.00 and we DROP $1.00.

Will someone please tell me how this happens ......

moreluck

golden ticket member
Michael....regardless of the huge profits, UPS missed the street # because of some one time charge. Normally the street would ignore this for any other company, but in the case of UPS, it's not their little sweetheart.

"UPS 4Q Profit Jumps on Strong Rise in Revenue, but Results Miss Wall Street Expectations

ATLANTA (AP) -- UPS Inc., the world's largest shipping carrier, reported Thursday a 21 percent increase in fourth-quarter profit on a strong rise in revenue, but the results were slightly below Wall Street expectations. Its shares fell more than 2 percent in early trading.
The Atlanta-based company said it earned $1.05 billion, or 95 cents a share, for the three months ending Dec. 31, compared to a profit of $866 million, or 76 cents a share, for the same period a year ago. The company said it increased its effective tax rate in the fourth quarter, reducing its earnings by 2 cents a share. However, UPS did not consider it a one-time item, nor include the reduction in its adjusted income data. "

A

Anonymous Coward

I guarantee that the stock will go down the next couple of days. It happends every time after earnings are released. The trading window for insiders - UPS management (MIP) - can sell their stock usually the next day after earnings release.

As we all know UPS has a lot of older management with multi-millions of stock - that we worked hard for them to have, but thats another subject.

Start watching it the next few days to see what I'm talking about.

Have a good weekend!!!!!!