Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

FilingBluesFL

It's your job to follow company policy. The rule is you MUST leave the package. Those are the rules.

Show me where it says in this sentence to "use common sense."
shipper release must.jpg

FilingBluesFL

O Kay. Sometimes you have to ask yourself. Does this make any sense. Leave a Saturday Next Day Air package on the sidewalk at a business that will not be open until Monday morning. Why not just throw it in the dumpster.

According to UPS, and their policy, the ONLY acceptable answer to this question, is "TRUE."

It does not say "Use common sense" anywhere in this training on the DIAD.

It specifically says YOU MUST.

shipper release question.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
O Kay. Sometimes you have to ask yourself. Does this make any sense. Leave a Saturday Next Day Air package on the sidewalk at a business that will not be open until Monday morning. Why not just throw it in the dumpster.
You've worked here for decades, sir..you know that lots of things at Brown make little to no sense....and we do them anyway like good little minions..lol

It's your job to follow company policy. The rule is you MUST leave the package. Those are the rules.

Show me where it says in this sentence to "use common sense."
View attachment 15568
I don't have a picture of our DIAD instructions, but I believe, and I looked at it this morning ,says CAN be left. I realize different UPS locations have different rules but to leave a package on the sidewalk at a business over the weekend or overnight is crazy and I am sure my management team would agree.

FilingBluesFL

I don't have a picture of our DIAD instructions, but I believe, and I looked at it this morning ,says CAN be left. I realize different UPS locations have different rules but to leave a package on the sidewalk at a business over the weekend or overnight is crazy and I am sure my management team would agree.

The purpose for a company to have a "policy" is not so that it's different for different people in different places.

It's to make sure everyone is in uniform following the rules of the company in ALL places, so everyone receives the same level of service they paid for.....

The purpose for a company to have a "policy" is not so that it's different for different people in different places.

It's to make sure everyone is in uniform following the rules of the company in ALL places, so everyone receives the same level of service they paid for.....
No, policy is different for different parts of the country. Different Regions, different Districts, different Divisions, different Centers, different Center Managers, different Center Sups. No UPS does not have the same policies world wide.

I don't know what to tell you. My centers current policy is "at the drivers discretion". Maybe that will change next week. I won't know about that as the State Fair is in town and I have the week off.

Insaneasylum

idk yet, and i guess now i have a late air, i really really dont know...

Ok you said you were on the last day of your 30. And you have worked several more days since then. So I'm going to assume that you are seasonal. Because I know if I was hired on full time and worked my 30 days plus 1 I would be talking to the union and joining it.

Sent using BrownCafe App