Shinzo Abe assassinated

newfie

Germany does a good though teaching about ww2 and it’s role in it. It’s extensively covered in schools.
agreed but to my point that germans that came later did all the apologizing very few of the germans who were part of that nigthmare apologized later. as a german born person i experienced being called a nazi when i entered american schools. any effort to question and understand how germany got sucked into the hitler fanaticism from my german relatives was dismissed and deflected.

oldngray

nowhere special
agreed but to my point that germans that came later did all the apologizing very few of the germans who were part of that nigthmare apologized later. as a german born person i experienced being called a nazi when i entered american schools. any effort to question and understand how germany got sucked into the hitler fanaticism from my german relatives was dismissed and deflected.
Anti German sentiment was probably worse around WW1 when many of them Americanized their names.

newfie

Anti German sentiment was probably worse around WW1 when many of them Americanized their names.
There is a lesson there to be learned that most liberal americans want to ignore.

controlling the guns.
packing the courts
legislating through the courts
eliminating a fair judicial process
eliminating the seperation of powers

these are issues that are near and dear to liberal hearts and how hitler took power in germany

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

yeah a lot people not going to ask why. I’m no Nazi sympathizer, but I do feel bad for the average German who probably had no intentions on being part of the German war machine.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
There is a lesson there to be learned that most liberal americans want to ignore.

controlling the guns.
packing the courts
legislating through the courts
eliminating a fair judicial process
eliminating the seperation of powers

these are issues that are near and dear to liberal hearts and how hitler took power in germany
It was all timing in my opinion. Germany was in a dark place with ww1 and the ally treaties. Someone like Hitler got lucky, and honestly if it wasn’t him it would’ve just been someone else.

oldngray

nowhere special
It was all timing in my opinion. Germany was in a dark place with ww1 and the ally treaties. Someone like Hitler got lucky, and honestly if it wasn’t him it would’ve just been someone else.
The other European countries pretty much raped Germany after WW1 and the resentment it created allowed the Nazi rise to power.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
The other European countries pretty much raped Germany after WW1 and the resentment it created allowed the Nazi rise to power.

Yeah pretty much, but imperial Germany really wasn’t any better. Nazis were basically imperial Germany on steroids.