Shock-tober!

GoodGrief

There it is...we should just be happy we have a job and do everything we can to keep it. We aren't mindless drones. If expected to work as such with no expectation of a better life, no reward for working hard to make this company successful, then we start resenting the broken promises and outright lies told to us. We don't care if the company succeeds or fails because the company has made it clear they only care about what we can do for them.

I seem to recall you telling me you have the same position I do but you let it out the other night you make 3 times what Mr. FedEx does. I guess better compensation does make one care more, huh?

Oh, and BTW, I have no clue what MFE makes, I just know that what I do for a living pays a lot more. I should have never gone there, but I was mad and having a really crappy day. I apologize, I was out of line.

vantexan

I never said I had the same position you do, I don't even work for Express. Please provide a link to the post where I said I had the same position you do.
And I asked a valid question. How do you keep your job if you push all the business away to the competition? It's just not logical. Like I said, I am not trying to be ugly, just really curious and trying to understand. Company fails, you're out of a job....we all are. How is that a good thing?

You may have already seen the other thread I pulled up, but it was yepyep who said that, sorry. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, we just don't care. I care enough about how I perform so I give a honest day's labor. But don't expect me to sing praises about FedEx. Used to be proud to be their employee. I liked the look on faces when I delivered a much anticipated pkg. Especially meds to old veterans. FedEx beat it out of me.

55+

My favorite day at Fedex was the Saturday we delivered all those Harry Potter books ..People and kids were so excited to get them..some waited all day..It was awsome .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, and BTW, I have no clue what MFE makes, I just know that what I do for a living pays a lot more. I should have never gone there, but I was mad and having a really crappy day. I apologize, I was out of line.

I make one billion dollars per year.

Goldilocks

My favorite day at Fedex was the Saturday we delivered all those Harry Potter books ..People and kids were so excited to get them..some waited all day..It was awsome .

I had such a bad day yesterday. My route is nothing but construction on a major hwy and to try to drive in and out crossing this hwy 7 times was just frustrating and the traffic is crazy. But my last stop was a resi Iphone from friday. I knocked on the door and this lovely young lady about 16 was sooo excited to get her phone. She thanked me and almost hugged me. This made the bad day I had go away. But I know on tuesday I will probably get an olcc for not making goal and for having lates.

whenIgetthere

On Line Courier Counseling. Supposed to be positive or negative, but most managers NEVER use the positive side of it. And, if you are ever termninated, file for unemployment, ALL those negative OLCC's will be shown the judiciary at your hearing. Let just say every time you commit the smallest error, you can bet an OLCC is on the way. Missed van scan equals OLCC, missed POD equals OLCC or written warning, don't make your numbers one day (even though you make them 99 per cent of the time) equals OLCC, missed you RTB time equals OLCC, hit traffic and have a late equals OLCC, and the list can go on for days and days!

check6ii

On Line Courier Counseling. Supposed to be positive or negative, but most managers NEVER use the positive side of it. And, if you are ever termninated, file for unemployment, ALL those negative OLCC's will be shown the judiciary at your hearing. Let just say every time you commit the smallest error, you can bet an OLCC is on the way. Missed van scan equals OLCC, missed POD equals OLCC or written warning, don't make your numbers one day (even though you make them 99 per cent of the time) equals OLCC, missed you RTB time equals OLCC, hit traffic and have a late equals OLCC, and the list can go on for days and days!

Thats exactly why I keep a daily journal and document things on my end. Dont let them unload your guns-

DorkHead

I never said I had the same position you do, I don't even work for Express. Please provide a link to the post where I said I had the same position you do.
And I asked a valid question. How do you keep your job if you push all the business away to the competition? It's just not logical. Like I said, I am not trying to be ugly, just really curious and trying to understand. Company fails, you're out of a job....we all are. How is that a good thing?

Let me try. It is not a good thing, but when you work hard and do your job well and then told that the company wants more and you work harder and give them more but get zero feedback or recognition, you start to wonder, why? Then the company changes your retirement and makes you pay more for healthcare and then cuts your hours. Then you see the upper class management getting huge bonuses and profits soaring with increased revenues and again you ask yourself, why? You want to quit, but do not have anything lined up yet to go to, so you ride it out even though your morale has been beaten down.

Now do you understand?

bbsam

Staff member
Let me try. It is not a good thing, but when you work hard and do your job well and then told that the company wants more and you work harder and give them more but get zero feedback or recognition, you start to wonder, why? Then the company changes your retirement and makes you pay more for healthcare and then cuts your hours. Then you see the upper class management getting huge bonuses and profits soaring with increased revenues and again you ask yourself, why? You want to quit, but do not have anything lined up yet to go to, so you ride it out even though your morale has been beaten down.

Now do you understand?
I am with you up until "you do not have anything lined up yet". How does that give somebody the right to sabotage the company?

Manager Wants Buyout

The best thing to do is to argue, remain confrontational and never sign a documentation. They can't use it as valid if you don't sign it. Then, they drag in the pathetic HR bozo and I still would never sign it. Then they both came back with a phone witness. They ask you to write "refuse to sign" because all they want is your acknowledgment they gave it to you so don't do it. I've bogged these idiots down and never yield anything. In the end, you can complain about their conduct and it scares them off. If you are getting bullied, return the favor. They will run the other way and pick on someone else. They don't want a fight, they want to raise their kill counts.

GoodGrief

I am with you up until "you do not have anything lined up yet". How does that give somebody the right to sabotage the company?

It doesn't. And then you sabotage the company, lose you job and what? You lose.....since you don't have anything lined up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Now do you understand?

I don't think she'll ever get it.

Manager Wants Buyout

Those documentations don't hold up with unemployment if they can't prove they ever provided it to you. I've listened to HR babble about tactics and try them on me. They want that signature or you to write anything to acknowledge to saw it. I've also had terminations for team members held up because of no acknowledgment.

DorkHead

Who said anything about sabotaging the company? How does riding it out equal sabotage? The whole point is not giving a damn about the company anymore because your hard work and efforts are not rewarded.
Sabotaging the company would be more on the lines of making your truck break down on route, somehow breaking a conveyor belt in your center, or a general disruption that you cause in your daily service.
Suggesting a alternate delivery service for a customer is not sabotage. Have you ever gone down to your local hardware store to find a part or item only to be told they don`t have anymore or don`t carry that item? Don`t they then suggest you try Value Home Center or Loews or someone else.
The point is you don`t care to give the extra effort anymore.

Kfr1976

I get rewarded every Thursday with a paycheck, and benefits I see this all the time though people that need recognition for some reason, don't you know if you are doing a good job?

vantexan

I get rewarded every Thursday with a paycheck, and benefits I see this all the time though people that need recognition for some reason, don't you know if you are doing a good job?

What you don't see is that those of us in mid-range are expected to work for much less than topped out couriers with no hope of catching them(although the latest pay raise scheme might get it done in 25 years). The reward he speaks of is getting the better pay of topped out couriers which would be a recognition on the company's part that our work is as valuable as their's. Might not mean much to you now, but 10, 15, 20 years down the road it can be frustrating that your pay raises haven't accelerated beyond the inflation rate. In other words your purchasing power isn't much more than when you started. Meanwhile the company you are admiring reaps billions in profit and is currently scheming to eliminate as much overtime as possible, which will squeeze us even further. If you believe a workforce should settle for just existing for it's company's benefit and not share in the success it helps create then you are working for the right company.