Shock-tober!

Bailey4

I think the company is attempting to eliminate more than just overtime. I think the company would like to eliminate us. And at our station the ones with higher pay (full time or part time) don't get it any easier...they just have a bigger target on their back. I do not think the company wants anything but newly minted drivers with low pay who do not stay too long. Time will tell.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

What you don't see is that those of us in mid-range are expected to work for much less than topped out couriers with no hope of catching them(although the latest pay raise scheme might get it done in 25 years). The reward he speaks of is getting the better pay of topped out couriers which would be a recognition on the company's part that our work is as valuable as their's. Might not mean much to you now, but 10, 15, 20 years down the road it can be frustrating that your pay raises haven't accelerated beyond the inflation rate. In other words your purchasing power isn't much more than when you started. Meanwhile the company you are admiring reaps billions in profit and is currently scheming to eliminate as much overtime as possible, which will squeeze us even further. If you believe a workforce should settle for just existing for it's company's benefit and not share in the success it helps create then you are working for the right company.

Brother, don't bother, this one won't get it, just like the other one...I won't point fingers but I'm sure it'll be easy to figure out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I get rewarded every Thursday with a paycheck, and benefits I see this all the time though people that need recognition for some reason, don't you know if you are doing a good job?

Are you drinking the Kool-Aid or snorting it? My guess from your posts is that you're snorting, and brother, that's bad. You know why? Because you've got to work up to huffin' it. Just be happy drinking it at first...go slow.

Kfr1976

I see what you are saying, the difference is I'm not waiting for a yearly cost of living raise. I'm working toward promotions. I guess I'll max out in pay, going that route too, then it's time to take that experience somewhere else.

vantexan

I see what you are saying, the difference is I'm not waiting for a yearly cost of living raise. I'm working toward promotions. I guess I'll max out in pay, going that route too, then it's time to take that experience somewhere else.

Good luck getting that promotion. Express will probably have too many mgrs with not enough to do pretty soon.

GoodGrief

On Line Courier Counseling. Supposed to be positive or negative, but most managers NEVER use the positive side of it. And, if you are ever termninated, file for unemployment, ALL those negative OLCC's will be shown the judiciary at your hearing. Let just say every time you commit the smallest error, you can bet an OLCC is on the way. Missed van scan equals OLCC, missed POD equals OLCC or written warning, don't make your numbers one day (even though you make them 99 per cent of the time) equals OLCC, missed you RTB time equals OLCC, hit traffic and have a late equals OLCC, and the list can go on for days and days!

It is not On Line Courier Counseling, it's On Line Counseling and Compliment. Not everything is about couriers, Express uses OLCC company wide.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is not On Line Courier Counseling, it's On Line Counseling and Compliment. Not everything is about couriers, Express uses OLCC company wide.

Sure, if you say so. It really stands for Onerous Libelous Crap Counseling. Once again, you demonstrate your ignorance of the OLCC process. Rarely is it used for compliments. Rather, it is a tool used with impudence to harass and harangue employees whenever management feels like putting some heat on you. It has gotten to the point now that you are OLCC'd just for being late and/or absent. What a joke.

GoodGrief

Sure, if you say so. It really stands for Onerous Libelous Crap Counseling. Once again, you demonstrate your ignorance of the OLCC process. Rarely is it used for compliments. Rather, it is a tool used with impudence to harass and harangue employees whenever management feels like putting some heat on you. It has gotten to the point now that you are OLCC'd just for being late and/or absent. What a joke.

Maybe so, but the question was what is OLCC, and the answer is On Line Counseling and Compliment

jmeti000

Talked to a friend that works at the ramp and was told the senior gave them a PP presentation of some stuff in the plans. Something along the lines of ES gone (which we already know), and roughly 63 stations will be closed down nation wide. No word on what would happen to management types, but for the hourlies of stations closed the (supposed) plan was they would be transfered to another facility close by. Also was mention of trying to make INDH a day time operation with everything shut down at night, and MEMH would be a night operation and shut down durring the day. The idea behind having the two hubs work this way was to cut costs and promote being "green". Also was some meantion of the hubs turning out more "pure" cans of freight vs lumping it in and doing a mini-sort operation at other facilities.

GoodGrief

My ignorance? I am a software developer you dip. I program this stuff. I know what it is designed to do. My ignorance, yea...right.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My ignorance? I am a software developer you dip. I program this stuff. I know what it is designed to do. My ignorance, yea...right.

Oh, so you're the one to blame for all of those crap downloads on the PowerPad. You know so little about the way this flea circus really operates, so don't press your luck with the "knowledge display".

GoodGrief

Oh, so you're the one to blame for all of those crap downloads on the PowerPad. You know so little about the way this flea circus really operates, so don't press your luck with the "knowledge display".

Nope, there are a whole lot of us.....this one is not mine, sorry.

westin

As a 23 yr Upser, i feel like I'm reliving my past reading these Fedex post lol.. Its like same crap but different company but you guys have no one backing you up. Union dues are payed but couldnt tell you where the local hall is. I do my job and no one complains but there's weekly to monthly hard on's with some new objective so when the heat comes down I feel zero intimidation knowing the Union is there. Amazing, absolutely amazing. Feel for you guys, I really do!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
He didn't call you"ignorate" (whatever that is), he said you demonstrate your ignorance, which is not the same as calling someone ignorant.

If you were really as intelligent as you say, you'd know the difference.