Shooting in Gilroy CA. What is The Purpose of An Assault Rifle? Serious Topic.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Really? So you support RPGs for civilian use? Apache helicopters with the full compliment of weapons? There’s no line you would draw?
I'd sleep fine if they were available. But you're equating small arms to ordnance built under contract for sale exclusively to the DOD.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I'd sleep fine if they were available. But you're equating small arms to artillery built under contract for sale exclusively to the DOD.
How about full auto? You opposed to that ban on civilian manufacture and sales? The point is, there is obviously a reasonable line to be drawn, the only question is where.

542thruNthru

"60 Minutes" did a segment on AR-15 ammo. It's designed to break up inside a body to do the maximum amount of damage. If someone shoots into a crowd with standard ammo unless they hit a vital organ the victims are likely to live. But those same victims shot into otherwise non-lethal areas of their body are much more likely to die from AR-15 ammo.

No, saw the lab results testing it. And remember reading an article about what the ammo did many years ago when they first started selling AR-15's. I'm 100% for the 2nd Amendment. But don't think they should have ever let these weapons into the general population. Would love to see just police have them to fight drug dealers.

Uuhhhhh........

AR15 is a certain type of rifle. ArmaLite AR-15 - Wikipedia

They use a 5.56 nato or a .223 caliber.

Many many many rifles use this round. It has nothing to do with the rifle. So you either misunderstand what "60min" was talking about or they made :censored2: up.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
"60 Minutes" did a segment on AR-15 ammo. It's designed to break up inside a body to do the maximum amount of damage. If someone shoots into a crowd with standard ammo unless they hit a vital organ the victims are likely to live. But those same victims shot into otherwise non-lethal areas of their body are much more likely to die from AR-15 ammo.
That sounds like BS to me.
The 223 is a NATO specified round and any round approved for war would not be designed to do that.
A smaller round is more likely to tumble which is most likely what they misinterpreted.

PS - 60 Minutes was one of the early fake news shows. They never had my respect.

BrownArmy

"Common sense" and "reasonable" gun control. Lmfao. Let's call it what it is. Gun prohibition, because ultimately that is the goal.

Less than two weeks ago there was an arson in Japan that killed 35 people. More than twice as Parkland and not too short of New Zealand. Did you even know about it? I didn't read about or see it on a single mainstream news source. Seems to already be under the rug. Had it been a shooting the media would still be bawling their eyes out. I guess since a gun wasn't used in the commission of the murders it doesn't matter.

Dude, the arson in Japan was all over the media.

oldngray

nowhere special
That sounds like BS to me.
The 223 is a NATO specified round and any round approved for war would not be designed to do that.
A smaller round is more likely to tumble which is most likely what they misinterpreted.

PS - 60 Minutes was one of the early fake news shows. They never had my respect.
Not exactly.

5.56x45mm in the NATO round. .223 is similar but not identical.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t think he was a white supremacist, incels and the alt-right types have a lot of overlap due to the times America was very misogynist it was also very racist, the literature he pulled from is racist, but also very misogynist. The racists and incels tend to overlap due to their inspirations coming from America’s past. It’s quoted as woman and family are property of man etc etc.

This kid was mentally deranged, I guarantee if more gets released about him he will be an incel with racist undertones but racism not being the key part of his motivations.