Shooting in Gilroy CA. What is The Purpose of An Assault Rifle? Serious Topic.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Its generally safe to shoot .223 in a 5.56 chamber but the reverse is not true. You can usually chamber a 5.56 in a .223 and can usually shoot it but the pressure will be higher and can border on unsafe.
I only own and shoot shotguns and pistols so I'll take your word for it.
I own firearms for protection and not for hunting and a rifle is not a good weapon for protection.
Most assaults start within 20 feet.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t think he was a white supremacist, incels and the alt-right types have a lot of overlap due to the times America was very misogynist it was also very racist, the literature he pulled from is racist, but also very misogynist. The racists and incels tend to overlap due to their inspirations coming from America’s past. It’s quoted as woman and family are property of man etc etc.

This kid was mentally deranged, I guarantee if more gets released about him he will be an incel with racist undertones but racism not being the key part of his motivations.
Exactly.
He referenced a white supremacists manifesto and complained about 'hordes of mestizos'.

Then he also complained about 'silicon valley white :censored2:s'. AKA, people with money who get laid. The guy was just an incel.

Just another lame ass beta uprising attempt. The good news is these losers suck at everything in life including killing people.

A semi automatic weapon and a crowd of people and he only kills three lol. A beta loser till the very end.

oldngray

nowhere special
Then wouldn’t a knife be the best thing to use? I own a shotgun purely for home defense but I’m always worried that if I have to use it, I’ll end up hitting the kids or wife with the spread.
Spread inside a house would be minimal. Biggest concern would be over penetration and shooting through walls.

vantexan

That sounds like BS to me.
The 223 is a NATO specified round and any round approved for war would not be designed to do that.
A smaller round is more likely to tumble which is most likely what they misinterpreted.

PS - 60 Minutes was one of the early fake news shows. They never had my respect.
Amazing how people are fine until it's their ox being gored. "60 Minutes" showed a test at a university research lab if I remember right.

542thruNthru

That sounds like BS to me.
The 223 is a NATO specified round and any round approved for war would not be designed to do that.
A smaller round is more likely to tumble which is most likely what they misinterpreted.

PS - 60 Minutes was one of the early fake news shows. They never had my respect.

I believe 5.56 is a NATO round not .223

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Then wouldn’t a knife be the best thing to use? I own a shotgun purely for home defense but I’m always worried that if I have to use it, I’ll end up hitting the kids or wife with the spread.
And this isn’t a good enough reason to not have one? Holy crap!